New Total jugs

...shiny

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I like the specs/approvals in the front. New jug, not sure they kept the collapsible funnel of previous style jugs, if not that'd be too bad.

Marketing of oil bottles is similar to the marketing of fishing lures,,,the shiner the better, catches us every time..imho

Originally Posted by Popsy
I like the specs/approvals in the front. New jug, not sure they kept the collapsible funnel of previous style jugs, if not that'd be too bad.

Some of those are recommendations. I suppose if I could read that language it says something like that.

Originally Posted by kschachn

Some of those are recommendations. I suppose if I could read that language it says something like that.

Correct. It says something like "meet the requirements of"
Also ACEA A3/B3, C1...

They are going the same way as LiquiMoly as these oils are not full synthetic, but synthetic technology.
This DOES NOT mean that they are inferior, in fact they may even be superior for the purpose intended.
BTW the 5000 is reg oil. Total makes very good oils.

Usually Total is quite clear on either the website or data sheet if an oil is actually approved, or recommended for. They typically have a list of both for each oil.

Funny to sell French oil on a German part site
wink.gif
/joke

Funny to sell French oil on a German part site, who's brand name oil is found inside new Korean Kia vehicle engines.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Funny to sell French oil on a German part site
wink.gif
/joke

Funny to sell French oil on a German part site, who's brand name oil is found inside new Korean Kia vehicle engines.

They also sell Fuchs, LM, Motul, Eneos and Idemitsu.

The name is because they specialize in German car parts.

Originally Posted by Jimmy_Russells

Do any of the oil brand names above, go into new vehicle factory-fill, other than Kia?

Do any of the oil brand names above, go into new vehicle factory-fill, other than Kia?

Yes both Fuchs and Idemitsu have been going into vehicles on the assembly line for decades. Not just the engines either, they make fluids for just about everything.

Eneos probably as well but I don't know for sure.

Of course. Idemitsu is factory fill for Mazda except in Europe where it is Total.

Back