New to the vee dub gang (new to me car)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Velcomen! I've been in the VW family on and off over the past 7-8 years. I always forget how much I like VW's until I am back in one! Current ride is a 2013 Golf TDI which I picked up a few months ago and friggin love it! I really like VW's power trains and the way they tune their chassis. The interiors are all very attractive as well.

Those are the ONLY model of VW I'd ever own.
Not because they are the last of the German made (for N. American market) cars, but also from the reviews.
They are literally the best in the category for everything except fuel economy.

Considering how cheap you got it, you won't have to worry too much about that.

Nice, good deal at that price with those miles.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by maxdustington
Deals like this make me wonder why people on this board pay over $2000 for 90s or early 2000s American cars. They really must hate VWs.

EDIT: Pay $2000+ then get a pat on the back when they post it on here.

My hold back would, if it breaks down on the road and I can't fix it, where do I tow it to? They seem finicky on repairs. I don't like paying to have a repair done twice. Seemed like the VW boards were rife with lousy dealer experiences and lousy repair shop experiences.

I got tired of driving hour plus to have service on my VW. Loved that car but decided simpler was better. Maybe the 2.slow and 2.5's are better in that regard.

Originally Posted by Malo83
And my neighbors Jetta still sits on the driveway broke.

Prayers sent for your neighbors Jetta.

Looks like a nice sled, now just make sure you have a lot of tools because you will need them!
lol.gif
To be able to work on a VW you have to think like a German. They are smart and good engineers, but it just seemed all backwards to me vs working on American engineered vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back