New to me stuff at lowes

IMG_20220323_101511.jpg
IMG_20220323_101459.jpg

I was told from several people much smarter than myself, that white lithium grease is the best with aluminum. Internets tells me its a spray on surface protectant and cleaner for aluminum parts. I always used WD-40 or similar to clean anything that is metal, including aluminum. Seems like a product geared toward the user because it makes it seem like there are special lubricants for aluminum, and it makes it seem to the user that you can't use any other substance on it.. Pretty gimmicky and seems redundant. If I wanted to protect a surface or lubricate an Al part, I'd just use white lithium spray.
Maybe the product is useful because its formula is much thinner and is wiped and adheres better than other lubricants and protectants.

I've been using other lubricant sprays on Al for over 23 years and I've never has a single problem with corrosion or oxidation on the parts. I used to spray the Al parts on my boat with white lithium grease every spring.. It is a bit messy to wipe down the part when you've sprayed it, but it is no worse than this new protectant claims to be.

Snake oil IMHO...

I was told from several people much smarter than myself, that white lithium grease is the best with aluminum. Internets tells me its a spray on surface protectant and cleaner for aluminum parts. I always used WD-40 or similar to clean anything that is metal, including aluminum. Seems like a product geared toward the user because it makes it seem like there are special lubricants for aluminum, and it makes it seem to the user that you can't use any other substance on it.. Pretty gimmicky and seems redundant. If I wanted to protect a surface or lubricate an Al part, I'd just use white lithium spray.
Maybe the product is useful because its formula is much thinner and is wiped and adheres better than other lubricants and protectants.

I've been using other lubricant sprays on Al for over 23 years and I've never has a single problem with corrosion or oxidation on the parts. I used to spray the Al parts on my boat with white lithium grease every spring.. It is a bit messy to wipe down the part when you've sprayed it, but it is no worse than this new protectant claims to be.

Snake oil IMHO...
White lithium will gather dirt that aluminum spray says it won't wonder how true that is.

White lithium will gather dirt that aluminum spray says it won't wonder how true that is.
I was finally able to get the chemical composition of the Al spray. Its is mostly a combination of petroleum distillates and some fatty acids. I'm gonna stick with WD-40 on aluminum.

I'm liking that STP product if still available when I use up my stock I'll give it a try.

Let us know what its like!! Always looking for a better penetrating oil here in the rust belt..
Kano Aerokroil is good stuff that’s what we always used in our maintenance dept. at least up till I left. 2nd pb blaster

Back