New ( to me ) car in the yard! Lots of pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got it in the yard, no time to clean it yet. Paid 6k for it.
Gotta head out to work, thought id post em quickly! I'll put up some info later

It's in pretty good shape for what appears to be a non-turbo early 1990's Eagle Talon with a decent stereo..although I'm not sure I'd pay $6k for that! Seems like a LOT!

Yeah I was looking at it and thinking its an eagle, but wasn't 100% sure because of the pics. The motor gave it away basically.

Its a nice looking car, but 6k is a bit steep for it regardless of the googies. How many miles?

Ok luckily its not busy at work. 1993 eagle talon tsi all-wheel drive, turbocharged. (hence the blowoff valve..) lowered, rebuilt engine with 30k. cams, forged pistons, ported manifolds, downpipe, rebuilt tranny with same mileage, short shifter, new centerforce dual friction clutch, cold air intake, light gram racing rims, gauge pillar with airfuel and boost. soon to come front mount intercooler. Just did an oil change with 10w40 redline and a hastings LF543.

Okay....thought it was a 'poser' car with nice rims and a cold air intake. Didn't realize it was actually 'built'...must be a quick ride?

Nice oil choice, BTW.

Thanks, yeah its fast. Tops out at 277km/h and can do it no problem. Nice oil a high price though. 10 bucks a litre at a discounted price.
shocked2.gif
The passenger side CV boot needs replacing and the turbo seals are starting to go. So does need a bit of work

Last edited:
After owning a DSM, all I can say is, I hope you like working on cars!

Does it have the stock turbo? If the seals are going, you can step up to the 16G or larger turbos, but then you'll have to start fussing with new injectors and fuel management if you want to run some more boost.

I can already spot one problem I think; you should get a blow off valve that can return back into the intake pipe before the turbo. Everytime you let off the throttle and the BOV opens, it'll run rich since the MAF sensor has metered that air.

Not a huge problem, but mine ran like crud when I had the BOV vented open. It would sometimes backfire and belch out a big black cloud of unburned fuel between shifts at WOT!

Last edited:
The ssqv dosen't blow off into the intake, which is why it's capped off. And the air/fuel dosen't show it run rich, so it appears okay. Then again air/fuel gauges arent the most accurate things. Runs good. And yes im replacing the turbo with the 16G.. looking at around 600$.. as the seals and return line are leaking. Everything on the car is new, except the turbo.
I'll make a post on DSM tuners and ask about what you mentioned with the blowoff valve. And the car has new injectors and a new walbro fuel pump

Originally Posted By: addyguy
This a 'street toy', or will it become a track car....?

Street toy
27.gif
I think i'll be investing in a decent security system

Quote:
MMMMM 4G63

4G63T
wink.gif

6k?????

For a 1993 that needs work??

You could have got at least a 2000 something for that!

Although i'm new to quick and powerful.. I like it.
Horsepower is an addiction
20.gif

Originally Posted By: Dr_No
The ssqv dosen't blow off into the intake, which is why it's capped off. And the air/fuel dosen't show it run rich, so it appears okay. Then again air/fuel gauges arent the most accurate things. Runs good. And yes im replacing the turbo with the 16G.. looking at around 600$.. as the seals and return line are leaking. Everything on the car is new, except the turbo.
I'll make a post on DSM tuners and ask about what you mentioned with the blowoff valve. And the car has new injectors and a new walbro fuel pump

You can get an adapter for the ssqv bov that will let you run it as a recirc valve. When i had my first turbo car i liked all the noise an atmospheric bov made but soon realized it was better to recirculate it as the ecu has already metered the air that has went through the maf then when the bov vents it dumps all that metered air out but still puts the amount of fuel it has already determined for that metered air resulting in a rich condition. I wouldnt trust that air/fuel ratio gauge either unless it is a wide band.

Oh and btw what type of engine management and how much boost?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back