New (to me) 2016 Accord Sport

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
I'd be on the lookout on CL or FB market place for some cheaper wheels to put on for the winter months. That's when the potholes are at their worst. Plus MI roads are terrible. You don't want a bent rim. Not to mention having the wheel corrode from the elements if left on during winter.

Reviving an old thread but I did end up going that route. I found some 17" wheels (I think from the pre-facelift EX/EX-Ls) and some TireRack "Clearance" Blizzak WS80s. I was a little worried about fitment due to the slightly larger front brakes but they did just barely fit. It's been nice not having to be quite on edge for the Michigan craters!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

11 months later but.....The stock wheels definitely make it look better but I understand what you have the others for.
I have a 2017 sport se ( didn’t really care about the heated leather seats but def glad now it has them being in MA) in Obsidian Blue Pearl and I love it. Have always liked the sports and then when they came out with the 17 with the different wheels, led fog lights I was in love. Very sharp looking car

I bought mine used with 29K July 2019 and have just under 45K on it as of now. At 30K miles I did a single drain and fill with Honda hcf-2 and started looking for dif cvt fluids and settled on Amsoil cvt fluid and at 32K miles did a 3X drain and fill (I know I know I just did a drain and fill at 30K with hcf-2) and will do single drain and fills here in out every 30K miles. I’ve run PP 0W20, super tech conv 5w20 (uoa posted) and currently running Castrol edge ep 5W30 with a Fram ultra filter

If you can get a set of Accord Take-Off Wheels, this is the way to go IMO.
My Altima has aftermarket wheels for the winter and they have smaller lug nuts(with their own socket/lock) and wheel centering rings which can be a pain. It'd be so much nicer to have the same lug nuts as OE and without the centering rings.

Back