New Tires

Have 63k on OEM Michelins. They have about 4/32nds left, just a notch under the 4 with the depth gauge. They are 60k mile warranty tires, so pleased with them. Have been lurking on tire shop websites and just booked an appointment for tomorrow for a set of Michelin Defenders. They have a decent instant rebate and figured with rainy season in full swing would rather not push the old ones too low given my mostly freeway commute in pouring rain.

Just sharing my life so you all can live vicariously through me.

Reactions: GON
Received this moments ago from Discount Tire. Going to order some Michelins for the Wife's RDX. Tried at Costco for a like promotion, but they are out of stock and not offering to order and wait.

mich discount tire.jpg

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on highway tires for my Patriot. Not a plethora of brands and options in my somewhat odd size. The "pro" of that is there seems to be no shortage of my size.

Was laughing (at myself) and sharing with my co-workers that I made a spread sheet of my 4 picks to narrow down the "best". They shook their heads at me. You know, the BITOG OCD thing is not understood beyond our circle of lunacy. And, compared to many here, my OCD is on the lower level.

Received this moments ago from Discount Tire. Going to order some Michelins for the Wife's RDX. Tried at Costco for a like promotion, but they are out of stock and not offering to order and wait.

View attachment 75887
That's what I used! Scheduled online, guess I'll see how customer friendly it is. Said they had them in stock, so I'm hoping it's check in, install, out the door. Cross your fingers for me 😂

Discount tire direct recently had the 100 off 400 promotion running on Ebay. They will let you use the coupon twice so if you're like me and have expensive tires you can break it into 2 orders and save 200 off 800. Not sure if they would let you submit the rebate since all 4 tires wouldn't be on the same order.. Also not sure if this promotion is still running. Edit: looks like it goes through 11/1

Installed in about 30 minutes today. Super friendly, no upsell pressure. Just smiles and in and out. Balanced beautifully. I'll go back if the value remains. No question.

Back