New tires for my 2008 Nissan Titan?

DR1

Hello Everyone. I am here looking for some feedback,etc.
There are 3 tire brands that I am looking into regarding value and quality.
Falken , Sumitomo, and Nitto. The tires will be all season 275/60/R20

What are your thoughts, etc.

Sumitomos are not known for good treadwear, but I had a set on my Ridgeline that wore nicely and were very quiet. Nittos can be pricey. Of the three I'd likely go with the Falkens. I'd also look at Toyos, and for the value king I'd look for the Milestar Patagonia H/T at Discount Tire.

Last edited:
My thoughts are dont be cheap on tires. Ever!

Go to TireRack and look at the ratings on the tires. make sure you are not buying ones that have poor wet traction.

If you don't care, but the dextero tires from Walmart. They are cheap and I see 8-10 truck at my work that have them. Generally good reviews.

My thoughts are dont be cheap on tires. Ever!

Go to TireRack and look at the ratings on the tires. make sure you are not buying ones that have poor wet traction.

If you don't care, but the dextero tires from Walmart. They are cheap and I see 8-10 truck at my work that have them. Generally good reviews.

Dextero DHT2 All-Season 275/60R20 114H Tire - VS - LAUFENN X FIT HT Truck SUV All Season​

Thoughts? I can buy 4 new Nitto Crosstek2 tires 275/60/20 for 663.40 out the door. 60k Manf warranty

Falken is made by Sumitomo. Nitto is made by Toyo. Out of your options, I’d go with the Nitto.

Personally, I’d be looking at General Hts60, Michelin Defender or Continental Terrain Contact HT or AT(a very mild AT). I’ve seen good results from all of those.

H rated as in a highway tire? Or are you talking about a load rating or speed rating? I'm guessing you mean highway tread tire. I don't have experience with the H tires but I have Falken Wildpeaks on my F350 and Dextero DAt1 on my Blazer and both are serving me well. No issues with either. Both are quiet for all terrains.

You might as well drop down to the cheapest tire at Discount or Wal-Mart like the Dextero listed above. No worse, cheaper.

Cooper makes some relatively lower cost reputable tires.
You may also look at Pirelli.

Some of those Chinese brands I see a lot on fleet trucks and vans - Dextero, Sailun, PrimeWell. Laufenn is Hankook’s cheaper line so no question on the quality. Uniroyal in the Americas is Michelin’s cheap line, made in Indonesia. Michelin bought out their manufacturing partner in Indonesia that makes the Uniroyal and BFG(non-KO/g-Force lines) series. Out of those, I’d consider the Dextero, Uniroyal, Nitto or Laufenn. Do be warned, Chinese and 3rd tier tires will be manageable in the dry but will leave much to be desired in the rain or snow and your braking distances will be longer, caveat emptor.

If treadwear is a concern, forget the ones you named off and look at the Michelin Defender LTX M/S - you’re gonna pay for it though. I don’t think Nissan put a H-rated tire on a Titan as well.

Like most people I am looking for the smoothest riding tires at the cheapest price in day to day driving. I live in Florida where there is no snow but it does rain. I currently have GT radial Adventura All Season and I am not happy with them at all. I never ever go off road.

Back