New Tires for 2005 Ford Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have decided on new tires for me truck
laugh.gif

with this Goodyear rebate going, plus my Goodyear Card doubling it I am going to them
idk what to get!

it a 4x2 XL Reg Cab, so yeah only thing on the site that pops up is Wrangler SR-A

Jarvis,

Please consider the Firestone Destination LE's. there is a $70 rebate till July 4th. They are MUCH higher rated at Tire Rack. (10th vs 39th for the RS-a) The LE's are a good do it all tire. Have had 2 sets and both have performed very well. I plan on a new set before the rebate expires.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
What size?

225/70R15 is stock on that model.

A lot of Rangers that had Wranglers from the factory had cupping issues. That was a different tread pattern though.

If you can , see if 235/75/15 will fit your vehicle or if its listed as an optional size for you. If so , then nothing better than these : Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armour

And the best thing is , with your Goodyear card, you will get 160 MIR till the end of this month. These tires are going off rebate then.

Economy Option : Dunlop Rover HT

these have an 80 MIR with GYCC

I would spend extra for premium tires.. they make you happy with your truck.

Idk lol they took me in back to compare the tires and the tread is very, very similar lol, one has whitewall lettering one is black lettering about it, plus with the invader tires on the back and the general altimax on the front, Dunlop seems to be a better quality

The ones im getting are 225 75 15, the stock is 225 70 15, what is bigger on these with the 75 vs the 70?

One of those hurry up and wait days gahhh lol sitting here reading random stuff, I love how all this Goodyear plastic display things say goodyear select oil change w/ castrol yet they use valvoline here lol

Originally Posted By: GumbyJarvis
rainy day too :p I know where im headed to break these in

Just remember that brand new tires will be more slippery for the first couple of hundred miles, so don't go crazy there.

Rover H/T is an awesome tire and IMHO a better value for money than SR-A . Better ride quality with similar if not better traction. They are no Silent Armours but they will sure do just about anything you can throw at them on FL roads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back