New tire time!

What about Cooper tires? They have a couple in your range. I'd recommend the Discoverer AT3 4S like I put on the '14 Tacoma (great traction in the rain, pretty quite for a AT tire, not sure about snow yet), however they show $251 a piece on DT, so I guess that's out. We've had a set of Cooper HT's on grandmothers Jeep Liberty since 2017 and they've been doing great. Even went through a couple bad snow storms without issue.
AT3 4S. Is great in north Jersey snow.

Dang really? I read favorable reviews

Did you have P or LT

They were the P if I recall correctly. However that truck was pretty light on the rear end. It was never the best in 2wd. But the rain traction scared me. Put on a set of new Wrangler take offs and they were acceptable.

Edit: Same truck, just a 2014 is very good in the rain with the AT3's. I know that you're not going with that tire anymore, but just telling a comparison.

Last edited:
My yoko G015 are good tires. I am impressed with the balance and noise levels. They seem to be built to very strict tolerances as far as tires go. Continentals did much better in the rain, but the conti’s caused the truck to pull to one side. The yokos are more confident at speed since they track very precisely. No tire is perfect.

Just got them home so not much to report but they're smooth, quiet, and they look OK I guess.

20220619_162326.jpg

Went with the Yokohama Geolander H/T G056 in 265/60R18.

Ended up being $670.29
That’s a good deal!

I looked at the tread pattern - only thing I don’t like is that there isn’t a good escape path for water out the sides of the tread.

But the other side of that coin is that fewer grooves in that area should also improve quietness and handling precision.

Update us with how they perform.

Back