New tire on TireRack...Kumho TA91

Looks like it should be a quiet tire. I've had Kumhos before and they were mostly good tires for the money. The ecsta Platinums were the best.

Just put a new set of General Altimax rt43s on the Saab and they seem very quiet.

It is called "Majesty" Solus... so it should be a quieter and more comfy tire than the peasant Solus tires.

These are the stock tire on my car in 225/40R18. They're pretty quiet, fairly compliant, and handle well. The steering response is very direct. I've only driven them in the rain once and they felt fine. I've only put 2000mi on them so I can't comment on wear.

I've had a couple sets of General Altimax RT43's and 2 sets of Kumho Crugen HT51's. In most cases that might be a apples to oranges comparison, but I would go with the Kumho of those two if it was an option every time. Great tire for what I put it on anyway.

Where will the winter traction come from it looks like a racing slick, not too many sipes and they are straight (vs zigzag)

no tread voids.. just some rain grooves.

Might be ok in dry and wet.

I've had a couple sets of General Altimax RT43's and 2 sets of Kumho Crugen HT51's. In most cases that might be a apples to oranges comparison, but I would go with the Kumho of those two if it was an option every time. Great tire for what I put it on anyway.
I have two sets of Crugen HT51s (on the truck and on the Rogue). Phenomenal tires, they’re just copies of the Michelin LTX and preform exactly the same for about $75-100 less per tire (had LTXs in the past) and required a tiny amount of weights to balance out. My go to tire brand now.

Just put a new set of Majesty Solus on the 06 last week, daughters ride now. Drove on the interstate for about 35 minutes. Nice and quiet. Not bad for the price, plus get a 50 dollar MasterCard rebate.

I have two sets of Crugen HT51s (on the truck and on the Rogue). Phenomenal tires, they’re just copies of the Michelin LTX and preform exactly the same for about $75-100 less per tire (had LTXs in the past) and required a tiny amount of weights to balance out. My go to tire brand now.

Those are good tires. YET-you have some on here who will never buy Kumho because they didn't like what came OEM, even if it was a totally different tire in their lineup. Yea-like so many things on here-makes very little sense.

I have bespoke Kumho tires on one vehicle. They are excellent for their intended purpose. So Kumho CAN make a great tire.

Those are good tires. YET-you have some on here who will never buy Kumho because they didn't like what came OEM, even if it was a totally different tire in their lineup. Yea-like so many things on here-makes very little sense.
Oddly enough I usually look specifically for brands that supply OEM equipment when looking at tires. I know that the tires that are usually fitted from the factory are trash in terms of grip but I’d wager that the big automakers are strict about QC simply because they don’t want to have to pay/deal with warranty claims for poorly made tires or have extra time on the line balancing out wonky tires. Always look at it like a stamp of approval that the company can make a tire that will balance and not fail. I’m amazed at how few weights it requires to balance a Kumho or Michelin compared to a lot of cheapo import brands from China. IMHO definitely a sign of good manufacturing processes

Back