New Tiller

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought this little Honda FG-110 garden tiller for my wife to work her garden.

531969414_bEFau-L.jpg

Hey, its what she wanted!! Anyway it came with a small jug of Honda 10w-30 oil to fill the crankcase with....all 2.7 ounces of it! I know its a small engine but that sure doesn't seem like enough oil. I suppose I shouldn't question Hondas engineers. Here is the jug, er jugette.

531969653_VLRBm-L.jpg

I guess cost won't be a big factor in deciding whether to go synthetic.
LOL.gif

My 4 stroke trimmer uses about that much oil. I have to fill it with a syringe. Kinda made me nervous at first but she's still goin, changed once per season.

I've got one of those, they work great. Pay attention to the oil checking procedure, you don't screw the dip stick in when checking level. Check and clean the air filter often, it is so tiny that it clogs and the tiller has even less power.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
I've got one of those, they work great. Pay attention to the oil checking procedure, you don't screw the dip stick in when checking level. Check and clean the air filter often, it is so tiny that it clogs and the tiller has even less power.

Thanks for the tips. I'll keep an eye on that air filter.

Originally Posted By: bigdreama
I just bought this little Honda FG-110 garden tiller for my wife to work her garden.

You are a VERY smart man.

I have one of these and we use it 2 or 3 times a week in my landscape business. They are awesome at fluffing mulch after you trim shrubs.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself

You give me more credit than I deserve. My neighbor has a 12 HP monstrosity of a tiller that he begged my to buy for 100 bucks but I knew there was no way that my wife could handle that beast.

Here in Florida, fall is planting time and I enjoy watching football so the little honda fits the bill!!

Originally Posted By: doitmyself

You give me more credit than I deserve. My neighbor has a 12 HP monstrosity of a tiller that he begged my to buy for 100 bucks but I knew there was no way that my wife could handle that beast.

Here in Florida, fall is planting time and I enjoy watching football so the little honda fits the bill!!

If he really has a 12 hp tiller it is worth minimum $500 in below average condition.

I have the honda mini tiller pictured above. It is great for work in a existing garden. Nice machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back