new thermostat for my 2002 Chevy Trailblazer

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello and good day everybody. going to be changing the coolant and both radiator hoses on my 2002 trailblazer soon. figured while I was at it I should change the thermostat. problem is looking at Rock auto I get conflicting pictures of what the oem and afternmarket version look like.would like to stay with the acdelco brand if possible but it looks a lot shorter without the gooseneck bend that I have seen by other manufacturers. they list the part number as # 1511006 and it appears to replace the folloing previous models {#12572988, 12602913, 12620112, 12T86E, 1510572} is that a correct assumption ? thanks for any advice you all may have.

Last edited:
Unless they are a parts guy at a Chevy dealership I doubt too many people on this forum will be able to answer your question. Why not go to a local parts store with your vehicle/engine and they should be able to hook you up with the right thermostat.

Why are you replacing the hoses so soon? I just replaced the hoses earlier this year on my '96 Saturn and they still had plenty of life left.

Check with local mechanics and ask them what brand of hose they normally use on your car. That way you'll know what fits.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Unless they are a parts guy at a Chevy dealership I doubt too many people on this forum will be able to answer your question. Why not go to a local parts store with your vehicle/engine and they should be able to hook you up with the right thermostat.

I was hoping that maybe somebody had the answer I was looking for. I have had the original thermostat and hoses on the truck and they are 7 years old. was hoping that by using the direct replacement parts, they would last long also. I am changing the coolant from dexcool to G-05 and figured it would be a good time to change the hoses. the thermostat is hard to replace and since I have the hoses off , why not change it ? if I am stuck I could go to the dealer and get the OEM replacement but we all know they charge way to much. looks like Rock auto has one of the OEM hoses in stock and maybe the correct OEM thermostat. checked the local part stores and they do not have the OEM parts . hey if I can get another 7 years out of these parts then it will be worth the extra time to find them. the truck has 65,000 miles on it and I plan on keeping it for a long time .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back