new the boards-- so here is my first question....for those that use high mileage oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
currently in my '92 jeep cherokee i am running 5 1/2 qts of Valvoline Maxlife 10w30 oil....and a can of engine restorer...

NOW my question is that Penzoil has their new high mileage oil out and i have heard that it is a little thicker than the other brands....

anybody using the Penzoil high mileage oil????

would like to know how your auto is driving with it....

FOR my next oil change i might just use again the Maxlife oil and then use a quart of Lucas oil stabilizer. Since i have a '46 cj-2a that i ran this set up and it did very well!

Do a search on RESTORE, there are several topics on this addative. It's basically alot of metal particles.
crushedcar.gif

-T

quote:

Originally posted by T-Keith:
Do a search on RESTORE, there are several topics on this addative. It's basically alot of metal particles.
crushedcar.gif

-T

Also, read about the Lucas on the Home Page link.

crushedcar.gif

quote:

Originally posted by haley10:

quote:

Originally posted by T-Keith:
crushedcar.gif

-T

Also, read about the Lucas on the Home Page link.

crushedcar.gif

so it goes to prove that the lucas is much BETTER than any oil additve...since it helps the lubricaticity... however u spell that.... and makes reg oil do a better job....

back in NOV i got me a case of the stuff for $50 from a local parts house...!!!!!!

it worked wonders for the '46 and i am sure it will be just as good in my '92 xj that has 174k miles on it..... i am thinking to go ahead and try out the new Penzoil high mileage ... just to see how much better it runs....

the cherokee although has been running much better since i added half of bottle of MMO...(marvel mystery oil) before the last oil change!

But, didnt you see it all foam up in those gears?

I personally do not want Cappacino looking oil running through my engine.

cool.gif
My decrepit 87 Astro work van is quieter and burns almost no oil when I run Valvo Max Life in it. Currently on the second Auto-RX application with Havoline in it. After that I'm going to use either a blend or Mobil 1. I have not tried another HM oil in it.

To see a used oil sample with a quart of the Lucas used with 4 quarts of 15w-40 @ 4k miles Click Here

Can you say thick ?
tongue.gif

I'd use a 10w-40 HM oil that came in a 5quart jug for better pricing over single quarts if it's using oil .

HENCE THAT i have 174,000 miles on my engine fellas!!!!!!! i really dont care that the foaming is there just a little... my engine has had some stuff days but that was a thing of the past...These days i have been pleased with the maxlife i am a believer that it is wise and better for your engine if u have high miles to use the high mileage oil ... b/c trust me IT HELPS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back