New Tattoo- Superbee inspired

Status
Not open for further replies.
...no vitamin d deficiencies.
wear acus. My hands and neck up are tan
knees down are as well from shorts on weekends.

the tattoo pics were taken under a light in a lighted room with flash on

placement is an issue. My upper torso, back, ribs, and chest are done. My arms and knees down have room. New military tattoo policies take that out of any potential

regardless. Thanks for the good feedback. Were gonna do a Roth inspired custom dodge demon logo next on the other leg

Hello,

Re tatts: I'd pay to be able to watch the entire season of a "contestant elimination" show aired on SPIKE TV which involved 12 tattoo artists.
They had to first compete in an artistic competition to get first pick at 12 "canvases" (volunteers who wanted a free tattoo).
Then all 12 got to tattoo their person within certain parameters. One person was sent home.

Then the next artistic competition established the next "tattooer to watch" and all 11 tatted 11 new volunteers.
One of the 11 was sent home, etc.

GREAT ART WORK and GREAT TATTS! I think it was called "Ink Wars" or "Warrior Ink" or some such.

I'm not a fan of tattoos but I can appreciate how they've evolved.
A fellow at work used the term "fine line tattoos" which I didn't hear used once in the episodes I saw. Kira

Tattoos have changed. Simple classic designs with simple machinery. Now there's alot of different styles, equipment, inks.
an 80 year old marine with blotchy tattoos is more likely an older tattoo. As with everything, inks have evolved.
look at a sailor Jerry pinup tattoo design compared to some designs today..

Nice artwork. Screw the HATERS!!!!

If you don't like TATS, why bother posting a negative comment? Get a life.

On a side note I've got a Bulldog tattoo on my arm. I figure by the time I'm 80 or so it'll look like a Sharpei.lol...

Or a dachshund?
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: jcwit
I'm not a hater of tat's, just see no need for them, but that's just me.

Some see no need to reply in threads they're not interested in. But that's just me.

There are many who would choose a stereo system and a big tv over a beautiful painting, but that's just them. They don't troll art threads with useless comments.

Originally Posted By: GumbyJarvis
New military tattoo policies take that out of any potential.

The tattoo policies are just weird. When I first joined tattoo's were a larger taboo in society and the tattoo policy was almost not ever enforced. Before I left service the Navy was administratively separating Sailors for visible tattoos and tattoos are more acceptable than ever.

Case in point there is tattoo expo at the Biltmore.

http://www.azcentral.com/thingstodo/even...re-phoenix.html

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
I'm just curious-what need does having a cartoon on your leg fulfill?

I cannot and will not speak on behalf of Gumbyjarvis. If I was asked this question, I would reply with a very simple and common sense answer: It would fulfill my need to practice personal choice based on my values.

Unlike coolants, the world has no "All makes, all models" value system. Such a simple concept that cannot be comprehended by so many. It's one basis for war.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool

Some see no need to reply in threads they're not interested in. But that's just me.

There are many who would choose a stereo system and a big tv over a beautiful painting, but that's just them. They don't troll art threads with useless comments.

So you say I'm not entitled to voice my opinion?

OK, I understand, if tats aren't your thing, shut your mouth!

I suppose I could feel the same.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
It would fulfill my need to practice personal choice based on my values.

So your "values" require you to have permanent pictures put on your skin?

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
It would fulfill my need to practice personal choice based on my values.
So your "values" require you to have permanent pictures put on your skin?

I missed my point. Actually, my values result in my choice to have NO tattoos.

In some cultures, body modification has spiritual ties. In others, its a rite of passage. Still, others have different personal reasons.

Who am I to judge others? Who am I to impose my values on others, and vice versa. That is my point.

So, back to my first answer, stated a bit different" If someone questioned what need that my life choices fulfilled, I would reply that it fulfilled my need for personal choice based on my value system.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

That puts a different light on the subject.

As far as the , judging others and imposing values, most all of us do that daily.

Many do not like WalMart because of those who shop their, folks put down others for applying and using food stamps or welfare, the list goes on and on.

My neighbor is a cop and has more tattoos than a member of the outlaw H#!!s Angels motorcycle gang.

I even see doctors / nurses with tattoos. Very common in today's society.

Originally Posted By: GreeCguy
Yes, yes, yes, I know plenty of 80 year old ex-marines with a blurry globe and anchor somewhere about their person - but given a long enough time line, everything sags.

Nice work - enjoy.

Naw, my dads still looked okay when he died at 80 and he them since he was in his early 20's
Mine are all 30 yr old black ink but they were done well and still look good. The grim reaper with angel wings still looks grim.

So you say I'm not entitled to voice my opinion?

OK, I understand, if tats aren't your thing, shut your mouth!

I suppose I could feel the same.

There are many posts on here that I have no interest in. For the majority, I don't click on them, and therefore do not read, let alone post in them. The rest, I may read the OP and possibly a few updates, but am not interested in or see the point in posting my opinion, because it doesn't add any value what so ever (minus the times I'm feeling ornery or am in a mood to post no-value-added posts - some might say these constitute all of my posts :p )

Anyway, the point I'm trying horribly to make, is that it would make more sense to post your opinion on the actual tattoo itself, if you felt so moved to do so. My opinion is that the internet disallows a member to post in the hopes that he or she should only receive positive comments on said post. If the OP wants to post a picture of his new tattoo that you consider poorly done, well done, or somewhere in between, then go ahead and share that opinion.

On the other hand, if you have no interest in and don't see the of tattoos in general, why would you post that? It makes no sense. I know this is an extreme example, but posting in a tattoo thread that you don't have any interest in is akin to joining a forum for Hello Kitty enthusiasts only to post in every thread that you don't get the whole Hello Kitty thing.

Anyway, the point I'm trying horribly to make, is that it would make more sense to post your opinion on the actual tattoo itself, if you felt so moved to do so. My opinion is that the internet disallows a member to post in the hopes that he or she should only receive positive comments on said post. If the OP wants to post a picture of his new tattoo that you consider poorly done, well done, or somewhere in between, then go ahead and share that opinion.

On the other hand, if you have no interest in and don't see the of tattoos in general, why would you post that? It makes no sense. I know this is an extreme example, but posting in a tattoo thread that you don't have any interest in is akin to joining a forum for Hello Kitty enthusiasts only to post in every thread that you don't get the whole Hello Kitty thing.

Well that is your opinion, such as it is, I also am allowed to mine, such as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back