New Tacoma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday I traded my BMW Z-4 in and got a toyota Tacoma with the 4.0 v-6. Unlike my last Taco this one has a timing chain. Needless to d=say I am thrilled to be rid of my little mistake and back into a Toyota truck.

I am going to stick with the 5k factory OCI for a while. I was considering running dino with LC or a blend with lc or a syn such as M1 or Valvo syn power. I plan on staying with the recomeded 30wts but may bump up to 10w for summer intervals.

Just thought I would let ya'll know. I am strugling with the syn -vs- conventional internal sgtruggle for the temperatures of Central texas in a truck that may do some light hauling and occasional towing(I have a factory tow package) and hauling with 5k/6 month intervals with mixed trip distance. I am starting to belive in the SM oils and new additive technology. Of course I will let UOA's guide me.

We shall see GM.

Anyone have any input on the conventional for 5k? the gap has clearly closed shoud I shop on Noack volatility??

Just let me say if this were my Brand New Toyota Truck, I would be changing the oil every 3 months, whether it had only 1 mile on it or 3000.
grin.gif

I plan on dropping factory oil at 1k then run 4k then 5k or 6 months thereafter. All I care about is getting comfortable with conventional again because syn seems like a waste for this conservative interval.

I dumped my initial fill in the Tacoma at 1500 miles then went straight to Mobil 1. I am using the 6000 mile 6 month routine. At almost 30000 miles the engine is clean!!!!

Daily Drives:
-2003 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner,2.7 liter, 4 cylinder, Mobil1 5w30 ODO 27300
-1995 Toyota 4-Runner,3.0 liter,6 cylinder, Mobil1 5w40 tsuv ODO 104800
http://community.webshots.com/user/amkeer

bryan,
did you get the 1gr-fe or which motor?
we have 1 uoa up from an 05 and mine should be in from blackstone any time now. i dumped the ff at 900 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back