New Suzuki SX4 - Oil Change/OCI Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently purchased a new Suzuki SX4, a small crossover AWD w/ the 145hp 2.0L J20A I4. I really like the vehicle and am going through break-in currently on factory oil.

I plan to change the oil initially at 1k and then 3k. Is this advisable? With winter approaching, I'm thinking about going straight to synthetic, is this also good idea or should I go dino for the first OCI? Any suggestions for OCI and/or filter? Manual recommends 3k severe service, 7.5k normal. Current driving is approx 70% city, 30% highway.

I've got 5w-30 Chevron Dino, 10w-30 Havoline Synthetic, GC Green 0w-30, PP 5w-30, Castrol Syntec 5w-30, Valvoline Synpower 5w-30, and GC Gold 0w-30 in my stash, any recommendations out of the above oils for this engine? Manual suggests 5w-30 and 10w-30. Thanks in advance for the help and suggestions.

The schedule you have in mind is just fine. Synthetic is better to have in the crankcase in the winter time anyway, more protection and better base oil for the not-quite-getting-it-up-to-temp-all-the-time days.

As far as the oils listed, stick with a 5w30 for the winter. GC seems to be the cat's meow 'round here, but it is a little on the thicker viscosity range of a 30 weight. I would definitely want a little thinner for those wonderfully cold morning start ups of 0F weather.

Quote:

I've got 5w-30 Chevron Dino, 10w-30 Havoline Synthetic, GC Green 0w-30, PP 5w-30, Castrol Syntec 5w-30, Valvoline Synpower 5w-30, and GC Gold 0w-30 in my stash, any recommendations out of the above oils for this engine? Manual suggests 5w-30 and 10w-30. Thanks in advance for the help and suggestions.

Uh, Yes any will do. Seen quite a few sludged Suzuki engines from those who push past 5K on Dino so 4K on Dino, 7500 on Syn is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back