New STP Euro 5W-40

The investment company that owns the STP brand name probably wants to rejuvenate it and one way is to market a Euro 5w40 just like Walmart Supertech did.
Others that have done so are Pennzoil, Quaker State and up in Canada, Motomaster.

I decided to use this stp euro 5w40 in my 1986 chrysler new yorker turbo. First thing I noticed was engine was quiter, smoother more oil pressure and cooler temp guage. Seems like the ol kcar likes it.

Been using STP euro in 2 VW passat turbos on 12k changes Fram filter
First 2016 totaled by hail at 32,000
Second R-Line now has 90k +
Never an oil issue nice and quiet on start up colorado winters oklahoma summers
No loss of oil
Got 6 five quart jugs for the future

It’s already on the VOA section. Here it is again

Attachments

• A5026CFD-8DC1-41B8-8378-F6EDD950B798.png
    A5026CFD-8DC1-41B8-8378-F6EDD950B798.png
    331.1 KB · Views: 225
Its ACEA A3/B4

The CLASS indicates oil intended for a general type of engines – currently there are:

A/B = Gasoline and Light Duty Diesel Engines
C = Catalyst compatible oils for Gasoline and Light Duty Diesel Engines with Aftertreatment devices
E = Heavy Duty Diesel Engines Other classes may be added in future if, for example, Natural Gas Engines may prove to require oil characteristics which cannot readily be incorporated into existing classes.

So as it's A3/B4. Does that mean it's designed for older vehicles, possible pre 1975? Would not the "C" class be better for gasoline engines with catalytic converters and diesels with diesel particulate filters?

Its ACEA A3/B4

The CLASS indicates oil intended for a general type of engines – currently there are:

A/B = Gasoline and Light Duty Diesel Engines
C = Catalyst compatible oils for Gasoline and Light Duty Diesel Engines with Aftertreatment devices
E = Heavy Duty Diesel Engines Other classes may be added in future if, for example, Natural Gas Engines may prove to require oil characteristics which cannot readily be incorporated into existing classes.

So as it's A3/B4. Does that mean it's designed for older vehicles, possible pre 1975? Would not the "C" class be better for gasoline engines with catalytic converters and diesels with diesel particulate filters?

The emphasis is on aftertreatment devices. C-series oils will be mid or low SAPS, oils that are A3/B4 would be like Castrol 0w-40, Mobil 1 FS 0w-40...etc. Still with a ton of modern approvals, just with a SAPS level higher than recommended for cars with aftertreatment devices.

The emphasis is on aftertreatment devices. C-series oils will be mid or low SAPS, oils that are A3/B4 would be like Castrol 0w-40, Mobil 1 FS 0w-40...etc. Still with a ton of modern approvals, just with a SAPS level higher than recommended for cars with aftertreatment devices.
Yes, I'm struggling with the notion it has something to do with "pre 1975" in some way.

Back