New Solar Cycle Prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the problems with science is that there is always evidence for and against things. Take cigarettes for example. Remember how long the Tobacco companies continued to publish research that showed that ciggaretes do not cause cancer? It is just like global warming, there are probably a few scientists that still dont think ciggaretes dont cause cancer, but the evidence overwhelmingly shows that they do.

We're around 10 degrees colder than average for many weeks.

So, if we we didn't have global warming, how much colder would it be?

smirk2.gif

Originally Posted By: MarkC
Tempest, read again what I wrote, and understand the words.

C02 is known to affect temperature, we throw tons of it into the atmosphere every year, which are not part of the natural cycle.

Does more Co2 mean higher temperatures or does higher temperatures cause higher Co2?

The only thing I know is that this is the coolest spring I think I have ever seen in this area, and I have lived in this area a long time. It should be about 90+ degrees right now, and it is a lot cooler. The official beginning of summer is only a few days away. Not that I mind this cool spring but it is very unusual. Supposedly towards the end of this week it will be getting hotter and more normal for around here.

So my guess is that the fewer sunspots means cooler weather on Earth and the Sun is the big factor for temperature and weather on the Earth.

I don't need a weatherman to tell me that this is strange for this area. I know from personal experience that normally you need your swamp cooler going strong about the start of June. Well, we are halfway through June. I would say that temperatures are 10 to 20 degrees below normal and not just for a few days, but for much of the spring. It would not be unusual if it was just for a few days. It has been weeks. Heck, even months.

Summer here is usually 90 to 100 degrees. We will probably still have some hot days in the summer but right now my guess is 80 to 90 degree temperatures for the summer. Summer is the one season that is usually fairly predictable around here-hot and dry.

Winston,

Cigarettes don't cause cancer in everyone. I'm not sure if science attempts to explain these anomalies or not. Obviously, science doesn't hold the answer to everything no matter how much people want to trust that it does.

Originally Posted By: benjamming
Winston,

Cigarettes don't cause cancer in everyone. I'm not sure if science attempts to explain these anomalies or not. Obviously, science doesn't hold the answer to everything no matter how much people want to trust that it does.

Science has no solutions for anyone. Over the passage of time it's proven to be a good apparent coping mechanism for immediate problems. Ultimately, it just produces different problems on one level or another. It just takes time to discover the liabilities for the advantages that you assumed were there.

It does make the path to true enlightenment more interesting.

As this article that I posted before states, the models and computers that we have today are not up the task of predicting climate outcomes. Yet, we have been continuously fed doomsday bull for 20 years based on models constructed then. It's a total joke.

And of course we have things like this:
Quote:
“The Civil Heretic” was a perfect example of what Freeman Dyson disagrees with: blatant and unfounded exaggeration. Dyson is not a “global-warming heretic”; he does not dispute the science. He simply says, and rightfully so, that the science is both uncertain and very much exaggerated. It is no secret that a lot of climate-change research is subject to opinion, that climate models sometimes disagree even on the signs of the future changes (e.g. drier vs. wetter future climate). The problem is, only sensational exaggeration makes the kind of story that will get politicians’ — and readers’ — attention. So, yes, climate scientists might exaggerate, but in today’s world, this is the only way to assure any political action and thus more federal financing to reduce the scientific uncertainty.
MONIKA KOPACZ
Applied Mathematics and Atmospheric Sciences
Harvard University
Cambridge, Mass.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/12/magazine/12letters-t-THECIVILHERE_LETTERS.html?_r=1

Originally Posted By: benjamming
Winston,

My aunt adopted her daughter who's parents were in a horrible car crash and they never smoked always ate healthy and the daughter never smoked either and the daughter died of lung cancer at 17!
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back