New SN-G5 Pennzoil selling like hotcakes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be the 40% sludge removal that everybody loves or something? I go in before work in the morning and the shelves at WM are full of the stuff. Then in the evening I stop back in and they are sold out. This happens every day. Nobody is buying the SM-G4 Pennzoil anymore. They better reduce the price on it or something or it's going to be sitting there a long time.

Wow, so now if the new conventionals coming out will clean up to 40%, what percentage will the new GF5 synthetics clean? Not that I'd ever use syn because I prefer conventional, but really curuious about this. Again, this really goes to show how the gap between syn and conventional has become smaller. The new PYB makes synthetic appear to be a ripoff.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Hemi426
I go in before work in the morning...Then in the evening I stop back in...This happens every day.

32.gif
You go to Wally's twice a day, every day? Geez! Now THAT'S commitment.

Last edited:
I don't go in just to check for oil. I get stuff to make dinner too.

I have to admit, the recent UOA's of PYB have been absolutely stellar, better than pretty much any I've seen lately... synthetic or otherwise. That stuff has some kind of magic joo joo elixir in it or something. If my car didn't pretty much rip oil's a new bung, I'd probably use it. I think we have something that finally tops GTX dino (in my mind only, others of course differ)

Last edited:
Are Gf5 and SN oils out in the marketplace yet? I thought the G5 was not hitting til this fall?

The "new" Pennzoil conventional and Ultra meet or exceed the new specs.

Originally Posted By: qship1996
Are they officially "approved" as such, or do people just "think" they meet them?

I'm no expert, but I'm fairly sure if they aren't approved it would be illegal for them to put the SN/GF-5 certified on the bottle.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just checked a jug of Ultra. It is still rated SM but it meets G-5 for 2010.

ILSAC GF-5 is already done and over with. Any product that meet GF-5 can put GF-5.

API SN is still unfinished and in development/meeting (arguing).

After both are done, +6 months (mandatory waiting period), then the donuts and the starbursts can begin.

Lookit...forget synthetic!!! The back of the new PYB bottle states right on there that it EXCEEDS GF5 standars, not "meet or exceeds"...only that it EXCEEDS. I need synthetic why? Besides, I enjoy changing my oil more often than is neccessary with synthetic...gives me the chance to look over the underside more often and spot any potential issues. As I stated in another thread, just another reason why I feel it's a bad idea to extend OCI's beyond 5k. LOL...5K is too long for me anyway...but that's just my tainted opinion. I know some of you think I'm a fool, but if you had to buy a used car from you, you wouldn't mind it then.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Do GF-5 have to ramain in grade thru the OCI? There is my concern. Some engine and driver combinations need the oil in grade.

... GF-5 is out and you can read it anytime you want. Shearing is the same as GF-4. ASTM D6709. Keeping in-grade for 10 hours in a 3k rpm, 290F, single cylinder engine.

Hot cakes really do not sell that well anymore. Why it is selling is; because the economy is getting better each day now. Next after Pennzoil oil housing will rebound alas all is well in the
34.gif
I think......

Originally Posted By: ottotheclown
Hot cakes really do not sell that well anymore. Why it is selling is; because the economy is getting better each day now. Next after Pennzoil oil housing will rebound alas all is well in the
34.gif
I think......

Sure hope you're kidding.
As of today, less than 160,000 homeowners have been able to secure permanent home loan mod's.
Well below the millions that were needed for a true rebound.
Some 200,000 homeowners are being foreclosed upon each month.
This is a blip, so best hold on - it's going to get very bumpy.

I looked at bottles of pennzoil today, all SM rated......no "SN" rated at any store, so I highly doubt that the SN rated oils are out there yet.

Originally Posted By: qship1996
I looked at bottles of pennzoil today, all SM rated......no "SN" rated at any store, so I highly doubt that the SN rated oils are out there yet.

That's because SN hasn't been agreed on yet.

Pennzoil themselves already classified their newest batch as SN in a PDF document that was mysteriously pulled off their website within the past 24 hours.

Last edited:
Not mysteriously pulled, but yanked due to some over zealous typist posting up something that had not been approved. It will be reposted when actual API SN licensed oils go in to effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back