New Size for 2020: P165/55R13 XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.moderntiredealer.com/bl...res-will-not-go-away-for-better-or-worse

...I wonder if the 13-inch tire will ever disappear. The 12-inch tire is almost gone; only the 155/80R12 remains, according to the Tire & Rim Association. But there are standards for 14 13-inch sizes!....

....Even the small 155/80R13 is hanging on...As for the 155/80R13, you can get a Westlake RP18 in that size from a Walmart Tire & Lube Express. Walmart Inc. just slashed the price of the tire from $32.97 to $28.72......Tire Rack Inc. sells one size 155/80R13 tire, the Kumho Solus TA11, for $59.36. Walmart sells it for $50.26

...There are no 13-inch tires in either the OE or replacement top 10, according to the U.S. Tire Manufacturers Association. The smallest OE size in the top 10 is the most popular size: 225/65R17...

...one of the new sizes that will be available in 2020 is P155/65R13 XL. Despite the growth in tire sizing - and the number of tire sizes - it looks like the 13-inch tire may be here to stay...

Are there any new cars that are equipped with a 13" tire?

The Nissan NV200 uses a rather small tire - a 185/60-15 I think, it's about the same size as a tire for a pre-2010 Prius/Corolla. It needs to be an XL-rated tire to handle the gross weight of it.

I'm thinking the small tires are for the Ford Fiesta/Hyundai Accent/Mitsu Mirage and older Minis. There are still quite a few Geo Metros on the road still.

The Smart uses a 15" tire.

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
What do Smart cars have?

[Linked Image from fototime.com]

Originally Posted by SubLGT
Are there any new cars that are equipped with a 13" tire?

Maybe in the 3rd world but 14 inch is the smallest tire on a new car here.

I loose. My service manager says Mirages have 14" as standard and 15s an option

Last edited:
Well, as recently as the early 90s, it seems like I remember 14" being pretty much the standard on many smaller cars, especially on base models.

There is a Tire Guides book called OE Tire Size Guides - that lists all the tires OE for vehicles sold in the US, It lists both sizes AND the make and model of tire by make and model of vehicle. It only does car and light trucks (pickups, SUV, and vans). It does not do trailers, medium and heavy trucks, motorcycles, etc.

My copy is from 2015 (I guess I need to get a new one when they come out in January!) and covers 2011 to 2015.

The 2015 book doesn't list any vehicles on 13" wheels.

Anyone got a 2019 version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back