New sequence IIIG performance test

What are the details of the new sequence IIIG test for the new ILSAC GF-4 specification and how does it compare to the old sequnce IIIF test? The only information I have on the new sequence IIIG engine test is that it is 100 hours long as compared to 80 hour length for the sequence IIIF test for GF-3 and also that the engine is run under a higher load (how much higher?) and the new viscosity increase limit is 1.5X as compared to the GF-3 limit of 275% increase. Has anyone seen the exact test conditions and if so would you please put a link to it or do a summary. This is supposed to be one of the biggest areas of improvement for the new GF-4 specification. This is a very specific topic and hopefuly can have it's own thread independent of the article on the newly unveiled GF-4 specificatin. I have searched diligently on the internet and I just can't seem to find much information on this topic (sequnce IIIG) test. [ August 07, 2003, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: Sin City ]

I'm gonna make a prediction...when the new specs come out, Pennzoil will be one of the first companies with oil on the street (their dino) that meets them. Caveat: assuming their purchase by Shell Oil doesn't change the way they do business. [ August 07, 2003, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

Sin City

pscholt, Pennzoil does make a very good product with great specs. The first two SL/GF-3 motor oils I saw were Texaco Havoline and Exxon Superflo. The labels said "meets the proposed future requirements of API SL and ILSAC GF-3".

For oils meeting the Ford spec WSS-M2C153-H, Ford rated 5W-20 oils, the Sequence IIIF test is already tougher than the standard SL oils. The Ford Sequence IIIF test requires a double length or 160 hours and the maximum viscosity increase can be no more than 200%. Whimsey

quote:
Originally posted by Sin City: pscholt, Pennzoil does make a very good product with great specs. The first two SL/GF-3 motor oils I saw were Texaco Havoline and Exxon Superflo. The labels said "meets the proposed future requirements of API SL and ILSAC GF-3".
Sin City, Thanks for the info...since I don't use Havoline or Uniflo, I hadn't noticed what they were saying on their containers or in their literature...now that you mention it, I believe Pennzoil stated something similar about being formulated to meet upcoming standards but I don't remember how they worded it, e.g. SL, or GF-3 or both.