New Ruger Offering

Status
Not open for further replies.
They even have the obligatory "SWAT" video!
smirk2.gif

I wonder who is making it for them? I doubt they tooled up to make forged AR receivers. And I bet they bought the piston from some else as well.

It does look good though. I'm not a fan of rails unless you are really going to hang a bunch of junk on it.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
I doubt they tooled up to make forged AR receivers.

If it is made by Ruger I would assume it would be made using the investment cast process?

Originally Posted By: TurboLuver
Originally Posted By: Tempest
I doubt they tooled up to make forged AR receivers.

If it is made by Ruger I would assume it would be made using the investment cast process?

Probably, but cast receivers have a very bad reputation. Ruger puts out good castings but I don't think they would want to buck the accepted standard. We'll have to see.

Probably cheaper to buy them from someone else anyway.

Wow, they even mention the use of a suppressor because of the 4 position gas valve.

This is definitely a product that would never have been made if Bill Ruger were still in charge.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Is that the Ka -li- for- nia legal version?

No, that version shoots water balloons.

No bad, 1/7 twist would be better, and the plastic mags are worthless. Wonder if they will sell just the upper? $2k is steep....

Hitzy you mean worthless as in they're already cheap to buy on your own, or do you mean worthless as in Garbage? If the second is the reasoning, Pmags are better than most all AR mags
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back