New Royal Purple Website

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case you have not seen it, Royal Purple has updated their website.

It is much easier to navigate and they seem to now have added back in the Product Descriptions and MSDS for easier access for each product.

Take a look

royalpurple.com

I like it alot better.
thumbsup2.gif

"Royal Purple Synerlec-enhanced product’s actually improves the condition of metal surfaces by remaining long after pressure would have been squeezed out of ordinary lubricants"

Hehe...

Originally Posted By: Unearthed
"Royal Purple Synerlec-enhanced product’s actually improves the condition of metal surfaces by remaining long after pressure would have been squeezed out of ordinary lubricants"

Hehe...

Too bad you can`t buy that oil anywhere. Wonder why they make their high end oils almost unattainable? Oreilly told me they can`t and wont be able to get it,even by special order. I was like,huh???????

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: Unearthed

Hehe...

Too bad you can`t buy that oil anywhere. Wonder why they make their high end oils almost unattainable? Oreilly told me they can`t and wont be able to get it,even by special order. I was like,huh???????

Order it online,simple.

Where can I find the PDS? I would like to compare actual numbers versus others and I can't (not have I been able to find in the past). Where can I find them on the new site or elsewhere?

With Pep Boys running their deal, I almost threw the dice to use RP. They were all out of 5W30 at my local store.

Originally Posted By: BobThe
Where can I find the PDS? I would like to compare actual numbers versus others and I can't (not have I been able to find in the past). Where can I find them on the new site or elsewhere?

With Pep Boys running their deal, I almost threw the dice to use RP. They were all out of 5W30 at my local store.

There is no throwing of the dice. You make it sound like RP is some kind of bad oil? $35 for 5qts of RP plus an RP oil filter is a freakin steal. There should have been no hesitation on your part had the store had the oil you wanted.

Nice website but it's all fluff unless there are PDS available. I like and have used RP products but I look askance at any company that does not publish at least a minimal PDS.

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
Nice website but it's all fluff unless there are PDS available. I like and have used RP products but I look askance at any company that does not publish at least a minimal PDS.

You just didn't look in the right spot. When you bring up one of the RP oil pages( API Licensed, HPS, etc... )look off to the right where it says Packaging & Tech Info. Usually it is right above a small video square. Click the text and it brings up info including PDS's.

Well, I stand partly corrected. There is tech data on the API stuff (I didn't scroll down far enough, my bad) but in the HPS line, there is NO tech data, just fluff and packaging info.

Well, I stand partly corrected. There is tech data on the API stuff (I didn't scroll down far enough, my bad) but in the HPS line, there is NO tech data, just fluff and packaging info.

http://www.royalpurple.com/product-categories/automotive/#!hps-motor-oil

Packaging and Tech Info,click right side.

Originally Posted By: DragRace

Still just fluff!

There is tech data on the API stuff (I didn't scroll down far enough, my bad) but in the HPS line, there is NO tech data, just fluff and packaging info.

It's all there somwhere, Jim.
wink.gif

I got frustrated with the Royal Purple site long before their latest site upgrade. If I want a RP PDS, I just Google it. I always had much better luck with that for some reason.

Originally Posted By: Finklejag
Originally Posted By: DragRace

Still just fluff!

I agree. The product sheet shows nothing. The MSDS does show *some* info in section IX, but not much.

Here is some data to sink your teeth into - PQIA ran it's tests on RP 10W30 SL (old version).

While this has been done many times, the very interesting thing I find is look at the Sulfur level - we have all throught that the Synerlec additive was Sulphur-based, maybe a sulpherized-ester, but either way this oil has 13k PPM in it.

This why they could never go to SM/SN with their Synerlec additive as it exceeds the SM/SN sulphur limit of 5k ppm.

I must say I have been using the SL version of RP for some time now in 3 vehicles and it is smooth running, quiet - all the good stuff. Now I know why for sure.

Linky
http://www.pqiamerica.com/November 2011 samples/RoyalPurple.htm

My local store is haveing a nice sale on RP but its the new API SN I worry about using it as the sn has a lot less CA ,MAG than the SL does i would like to be able to go 4-5k on it wish they were selling the sl for 40$ a gallon + a free filter

Originally Posted By: Jax_RX8
Here is some data to sink your teeth into - PQIA ran it's tests on RP 10W30 SL (old version).

While this has been done many times, the very interesting thing I find is look at the Sulfur level - we have all throught that the Synerlec additive was Sulphur-based, maybe a sulpherized-ester, but either way this oil has 13k PPM in it.

This why they could never go to SM/SN with their Synerlec additive as it exceeds the SM/SN sulphur limit of 5k ppm.

I must say I have been using the SL version of RP for some time now in 3 vehicles and it is smooth running, quiet - all the good stuff. Now I know why for sure.

Linky
http://www.pqiamerica.com/November 2011 samples/RoyalPurple.htm

Yeah I had some good runs on that oil as well. Overall, it's too pricy for me so I've gone elsewhere but it's good oil, no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back