New Radiator Leaking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally bought a new radiator for my Dodge Ram as the old one has been leaking for almost a year now. So I get the new radiator in the car hook up the reservoir, PS Radiator, and ATF Radiator as it's all mounted to the main radiator.

After everything is hooked up I had my wife sit in the truck and watch the gauges just in case as I add fluid. While she was sitting there I was kneading the hoses to get the air out and heard a hissing every time I squeezed the hose... Turns out the new radiator is leaking out of the corner between some of the fins, this thing didn't even go 1 mile and it's leaking...

I should have checked it before I put it in.
33.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Chris142
Originally Posted By: TFBird
Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Spectra Premium? TransPro?

Spectra
ya we wont sell that brand any more. Let autozone and napa deal with those.

Do they all leak? If I just go exchange it for another one what are the chances it will be bad too?

Not all leak but their percentage of bad ones is higher than most other brands. Iirc they have about a 6% failure rate. Atleast your truck is super easy to rnr a radiator in. Wait till you have a 5 hr grand cherokee or taurus leaker out of the box.

Interesting-the Spectra I bought from AZ for my F-Super Duty leaked in the EXACT SAME PLACE, brand new out of the box. Was it a welded all-aluminum radiator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back