New QS Formulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
Hi,

I know Quaker State isnt a popular brand on this forum, but I have a bit of interest in it. I saw on a commercial that they were able to reduce the coefficient of friction by some percentage (10 or 50, I dont recall). What is this all about? Seems that they must have changed the basestock (maybe to the same one as pennzoil uses), but if so I havent seen a change reflected in the product data sheet. Perhaps they added some new friction modifiers, or moly, but I dont know how to tell.
Does anyone know about this?
Thanks!

JMH

quote:

Originally posted by JHZR2:
they were able to reduce the coefficient of friction by some percentage (10 or 50, I dont recall). What is this all about?
JMH

Its all about deceptive and misleading advertising(In my opinion)

Yeah, I saw this commercial too. I wouldn't mind trying their synthetics at all. The 10-30 is the only ACEA A3 rated 10-30 I've seen on the OTC shelves.

I think they may be referring to the viscosity. Maybe they decreased it from previous versions of the oil and can now claim a friction reduction. I have found the same thing when switching to Syntec from M-1 for eg. (tranny and rear diff.) and am contributing it to lower viscosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back