New pup

Originally Posted by JTK
Super cute!

Was he a breeder purchase, rescue, etc?

Rescue, they were threatening to take him to the pound so our friends picked him up and asked if we wanted him otherwise they were going to keep him as they have his brother. He was the runt of the litter, not that you'd be able to tell now though!

We do have a crate for him, but if we're home he sleeps on my wife's side of the bed guarding the door. He's already house broken and won't leave the door way until I put his lead on him.

Originally Posted by Inspecktor

Nice pup! Kids and dogs go great together. Has the wife got you wearing bibs yet?

Not yet
lol.gif

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I never used a crate. For a while, my dog found his own natural hidey-hole by ducking under the end table at the corner between two couches.

Originally Posted by dbias
Originally Posted by krismoriah72
Originally Posted by wag123
BIG Hint... Get a crate and crate train him.

Why?

I trained mine to pee pee pads and they have their own beds. They always hit the pad with pee and dookie and have never disturbed a thing in my home. 5 years of no crates here.

Heck mine even wait most of the time to go outside.

A crate for my dogs would be cruelty! They are part of my family and their pads are the same as my toilet..

My dogs also police my doors.. god forbid anyone or anything come near them.... they would not be able to do that in a crate.

Mine love their crate also. Anytime door is left open one if not both are in there to nap.

We have that same crate and like you our dog likes sleeping in there as well as the cats, some times all three are in there at the same time. We started using it when neither of us could make it home for lunch so he had to learn to hold it all day which he had no problem doing. Now he is getting older and has lost his hearing and I think he likes it in there because he feels safe.

Originally Posted by wag123
Do yourself and your pup a favor... Get a crate and crate train him.

I agree. My dog was crate trained and two of my son's dogs were crate trained, it worked out quite well. In fact at night my son's dogs went into their crates and stayed there with the crate door open the whole time.

Congratulations, dogs are great and so is the Whole Dog journal if your interested in nutrition and what to feed.
It's amazing the bond between dogs and us.
We never feed the same brand of canned foods for more then 2 days in row Plus people meat and apple, frozen peas and carrots every dinner time added to the canned stuff.
Mornings are light with a small amount of dry food and fat and lactose free Splash of milk added. Dry food gets changed to a different brand ever month or sometimes alternate by the day.
That is some cool looking dog/puppy.
We have a Schnoodle (schnauzer/poodle mix) about 25 lbs.

Last edited:
100% true on the shedding. Our blue sheds enough every week to build a new puppy and it never stops and brushing doesn't make much difference. These dogs bond to one person, your wife may be it. Some are called velcro dogs and want to be very near their person at all times.

Makes me want another one but we sure don't need 3!

Back