New Prius

I just saw the 2010 Toyota Prius on the today show. Very nice looking car for a hybrid. I didn't like the old style, but I have to say this is sharp. Hmmmm,

got rid of the rubber bladder gas tank and went with a more conventional fuel tank . Must be many previous PRIUS owners complained of the the long , inaccurate fills that made it difficult to get your gas mileage and match to computer . The '07 PRIUS we owned was a big pain to fill all year round . May have to reconsider getting another in a year or 2 . :- )

Looks the same to me except front end. If it is not a plug in hybrid and have extended range batteries it's not worth it IMO.

Originally Posted By: saaber1
Looks the same to me except front end. If it is not a plug in hybrid and have extended range batteries it's not worth it IMO.
When driven responsibly, my '08 Prius rental got 48.0 mpg over a mix of city and hilly highway driving. When I drove it hard (rapid acceleration and A/C use), the mileage dropped to 39. For the initial purchase price and the fuel economy that it delivers, the Prius is a decent value. However, it is a matter of whether or not you can live with the poor driving experience.

we would get mileage in the mid 30's during the coldest days of winter . During warmer days would get around 49 miles per gallon overall . Managed 99.9 m.p.g. after a fillup at east end of town into our garage on the other end of town . Hit lights just right and very little traffic through the heart of city/town . Was fun to drive due to the computer and the who would get the better mileage . She could never top that . :- )

Last edited:
we used PENNZOIL Platinum 5w-30 for the 1.5 ltr. which helped tame the engine noise quite a bit . The 1.5 ltr. had plenty of zip on the interstate .

PT1

I like the new styling. Now the Honda-Toyota hybrid wars will start. When fuel goes back to $3-4 per gallon everyone will want one. So, now is a good time to get one as the price will only get higher as the US dollar sinks.

we should see prices drop as more hybrids hit the market . Thing is may see gas powered vehicles trade in value drop as more hybrids are on the streets . So , it's a bit of a wash . May want to consider getting a hybrid within a few years due the most likely decline in trade / resale value . It's a cr*p shoot .

Originally Posted By: saaber1
 Originally Posted By: panthermike
I like this Prius better than the previous, but my choice would be the 2010 Fusion Hybrid; beautiful, midsize, 41 mpg around 27,000. http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/fusion/
Wow, what is up with that grille? Did they steal iron man's jock strap?
The grill is big but I just think that car is beautiful.