New PPE Helmet

I have always suffer from asthma problems and similar things. Dust is a major allergen that drives my chest really crazy. When cleaning the garage floor, I normally wear an N95 mask w/ plastic shied. When doing work around the house, I have to wear a 1/2 mask respirator with the shield. Because of the virus, there seems to be more new PPE in the market and found this very interesting. The cost is a lot less than my asthma medication.

Sorry to hear of your asthma challenges. Its difficult to imagine the hardship.

It seems that unit would fog up if you did any exertion. Maybe not? I really like the concept.

It certainly would create a lot of attention if worn in public in a world that is sometimes weak on sensitivity awareness.

Last edited:
There is no way I am I running around with that contraption on my bulb like some demented George Jetson.
The unmentionable, I couldn't give a rats rear anymore I am so sick of it, if I get I get it.

That might actually do something … these face shields and no mask make me laugh …

Last year, I was washing my garage and wearing the face mask and shield when a police car drove by the alley and saw me. He stop near by and, I came walk over to him and asked me what the fuss was with Halloween outfit. I told him it is either this or get sick from the asthma stuff.

He just said thank God, I do not have it and left.

There is no way I am I running around with that contraption on my bulb like some demented George Jetson.
The unmentionable, I couldn't give a rats rear anymore I am so sick of it, if I get I get it.

I agree it'll make you look like scuba steve, but I'm not in the medical position the OP is in. His seems pretty severe if sweeping the garage floor irritates his asthma that bad.

I would like to apologize if my post offended any members. I guess how we deal with our personal medical conditions can be strange or weird to others but it is trade off that one must make in order to maintain a health level. I have lost some friends because they could not understand what choices I have to make in order to avoid getting sick. But does life!

Back