New "Piston King" motor oil? Anyone used it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 92saturnsl2
Wow, their commercials (YouTube videos) couldn't be more tacky.

I noticed in their contact us section, they're headquartered in Omaha, NE. So happens to be Warren Oil Company's distribution arm (Warren Distribution).

I bet dollars to donuts that Piston King is Warren rebrand, except their targeting a new market niche, online sales.

Personally I'd rather buy Mag1 Synthetic on Amazon for about $5 shipped. At least the bottles look better and less of a gimick than "Piston King."

https://www.linkedin.com/company/warren-distribution

They deliver right to your front door. Or back door if you prefer.

lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Red91
So....why would one pay for "Piston King" when you can get Super Tech or any other auto part chain house brand for way less money?

Because it's the first oil to be sold exclusively online!

Originally Posted By: NMBurb02
Originally Posted By: Red91
So....why would one pay for "Piston King" when you can get Super Tech or any other auto part chain house brand for way less money?

Because it's the first oil to be sold exclusively online!

Cuz now, since you can order it from them, and they'll deliver it right to your door, You can do an oil change without ever having to leave your house! Amazing!

oh wait...amazon...

I can see the dollar shave club comparison. Looks like something that would be advertised in upper end men's magazines. Or the Sebastian Kaufman kind of diyer. Looks to appeal to the uppity men that want to be manly and change their own oil.

Why would you have a new brand of oil without the dexos spec? Kinda dumb.

Probably a private label.

Has anyone tried it, yet? Curious on the add pack. Is it going to be just another run of the mill, not up to par with name brand, oil? Or can it possibly be something to compete with Amsoil, Mobil1 0W-40, GC 0W-30, etc. type oils?

If they only sell their product online, they should save some money through distribution and advertising, and that should allow a lower price per quality point.

But "should" and "could" are far from "do" and "does".

Originally Posted By: LotI
Originally Posted By: MolaKule
I am going to name my next oil line, "Piston Cup."
grin2.gif

Mine will be "Crankshaft Czar". Or, "Camshaft Ninja"...lying in wait to protect your engine!

thumbsup2.gif

I like "Camshaft Ninja." Instead of guy in a white labcoat, have a guy in a Ninja Gi holding a Black bottle of oil, and a label with a Nunchuck and two crossed swords.

This will sell out all warehouse stock immediately!
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Hey, I have an idea!
Lets take our perfectly good API SN oil and rebrand it with a cool name and a cool bottle.
Lets offer this stuff online only and target the wannabe cool guy, who probably doesn't typically touch his car but may want the macho cred of at least changing his own oil and may want the cred associated with using something perceived as being hip beyond what Walmart carries.
What should we call it?

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
I am going to name my next oil line, "Piston Cup."
grin2.gif

I'm gonna name my next oil line "Athletic Support Cup."
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Pilfer
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
What should we call it?

Royal Purple?
grin.gif

Now that was clever!

Originally Posted By: earlyre

Cuz now, since you can order it from them, and they'll deliver it right to your door, You can do an oil change without ever having to leave your house! Amazing!

oh wait...amazon...

Amazon will deliver it by drone to your front porch... Just look for the flaming object careening toward you that the neighbor's kid just shot at....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back