New pet

We adopted a sweet cat named Smokey today. Her owner and our long time friend passed away and she needed a new home. My wife and I picked up all the essentials today and picked up Smokey late this evening. She is a sweet girl, just shy as she adjusts to her new home.

She has all her claws, which concerns me (furniture mainly). I am hoping since she is so well behaved and her previous owners furniture still looked new (from 70’s) that we may not have any issues with that.
FB3982E3-02AA-4A15-AA40-F5C6F9183494.jpeg
F66CAC17-767F-4046-9E51-D932BBB04B75.jpeg

The cat probably wonders where her owner is but she will adjust. My cat always uses the yard for a restroom. She tried to scratch the furniture in the beginning but rarely attempts to do so now. Your cat will likely do the same.

Gold Star, double Green Stamps and a spot for you in Heaven for taking Smokey in.
I'll get my truck and we can swap furniture, Believe me, you won't mind Smokey scratching our stuff.

And now for the grand prize...a villa in the south of France. Can you name my wife's childhood cat?
CLUE: It was grey, just like YOUR cat.

We adopted a sweet cat named Smokey today. Her owner and our long time friend passed away and she needed a new home. My wife and I picked up all the essentials today and picked up Smokey late this evening. She is a sweet girl, just shy as she adjusts to her new home.

She has all her claws, which concerns me (furniture mainly). I am hoping since she is so well behaved and her previous owners furniture still looked new (from 70’s) that we may not have any issues with that.View attachment 76084View attachment 76085
Get her old litter box and she'll know what to do. Use plastic litter box liners with handle ties for ease of changing litter. Don't worry about the claws. Females are better behaved than males (surprise,surprise). Great thing you did. Beautiful cat.

She has all her claws, which concerns me (furniture mainly). I am hoping since she is so well behaved and her previous owners furniture still looked new (from 70’s) that we may not have any issues with that.View attachment 76084View attachment 76085
Wonderful! I have owned cats for over 60 years. Never had a girl though. They can be picky about litter.
I have been mixing Feline Pine with unscented inexpensive Walmart clay litter. works well, keeps the ammonia
smell down. To avoid urinary infection I would NOT use clumping litter- its a pain to manage anyhow.
And also avoid scented litter or compressed paper products.
Look at those dainty feet!
Our cat is is polydactyl, so he has giant catcher's mits

Back