New Permatex Orange Threadlocker

As pictured

Attachments

• IMG_7096.jpeg
    IMG_7096.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 10
I use it quite a bit and am a fan. I really like the thread locker bottles of paste(?) or gel. Easier to manage than the liquid.

I've primarily been using a big bottle of VibraTite blue for years. I think I initially purchased because it was way more affordable, but I really like it. I also like the bottle which has a cap and then under that a simple push/pull nozzle.

I decided to look around to see if I could find an expiration date today. The bottom says Exp 7/21 :D. I know -- I know-- I can literally hear the brakes screeching and metal crunching on that bus packed with nuns.

That said, I know it still works based upon things I've recently assembled and then had to disassemble. Maybe I'll order a new bottle this year if the spirit moves me....

FYI primer is only needed on inactive (i.e. noble) metals like gold, silver, platinum, etc. Steel and steel alloys do not need a primer. I use blue only, especially if the bolt needs to come out someday.

Red needs to be heated to 450F+ to chemically break the bond. Even if you manage to remove the bolt without heating it the threads sometimes get messed up.

Anything that needs a torque wrench I use ARP Ultra Torque. Usually this applies to engines and transmissions only. Everything else gets a couple extra Ugga-Duggahs.

I’m honestly surprised how much red thread locker we sell at the parts store!
When something goes wrong with what ever a RED thread locker person works on I suppose the frustration causes said vehicle or what ever the cough cough fixed item was, likely ends up in a scrap yard. Oh laughingly I highly recommend using it on your lug nuts and tell me how that works for you, when you change that tire in the middle of nowhere. Blue is difficult to remove at times, I only use red on something I don't plan to take apart. And really ! There is a reason why there are so many different strengths. And please don't mess something up with the red stuff, and then sell it to someone else. As improper use of Red loctite can cost many thousands to fix in some cases. Oh and who ever claims using Red is no big deal I'd love to get to work on your car or? I'd be Redding every fastener for ya, especially tiny Phillips head ones. :love:

Last edited:
Back