New Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w30 and a Nissan filter in the Maxima 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey y'all,
How is it going oil lovers?
So today I had a fresh oil change, used the Pennzoil UP 5w30 plus a Nissan 15208-65F0E in my Nissan Maxima 2009 with 89k miles. Replacing the Amsoil 5w30 SS and Mobil1 M110 filter.
Back story the Amsoil was great, engine was smooth, idle purrs like a kitten I can not say if engine running if not looking at the tach. I also had Mobil1 M110 filter in there for the last OCI (4k miles, short trips, rush hour driving, frequent starts and stops). Had to add about a pint of make up oil last OCI to bring to H mark (never leaks, but burnt a bit).
I was very interested in the PUP for sometime now. Especially after it was the second winner in ProjectFarm Oil Round-up. Plus I am not that big fan on long OCIs and though I would be better spending less on a still top quality synth oil and change it frequently rather than a double priced Amsoil and also change it within 4k-5k miles.
This OCI I went with an OEM Nissan filter (used M110 for a long time but was concerned because Mobil1 calls for M108 for my engine), used a Nissan filter now per FSM (no oversizing).
First impressions are nice, engine still very quiet, with smoother idle, and power still strong (might dare to say engine seemed to pickup slightly now).
Will keep you updated if anything comes up and deserve more attention.
I may also add that this Pennzoil seems to make engine quieter than Mobil1 Adv synth 5w30.
Thanks

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PimTac
Project Farm thanks you for that plug.

Lmao. As if he needs more money or promotion for his goofy tests.

PF needs to come up with some new tests that are more relevant. Like see which oil boils at the highest temperature, or which full jug makes the best explosion when dropped from a 10 storey building. Now that I would probably watch.

Not praising nor defending ProjectFarm, he is doing what he can so you believe him or not that doesn't mean a squat for anyone. At least come up yourself with a better test then start bashing others.

Anyway Pennzoil is a quality oil.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_Russells
PF needs to come up with some new tests that are more relevant. Like see which oil boils at the highest temperature, or which full jug makes the best explosion when dropped from a 10 storey building. Now that I would probably watch.

I'd be very glad to see your tests on YouTube.

Originally Posted by mahanddeem

The only relevant tests are the ones that result in either an approval, specification or license. And if you want to see the results of those they are printed right on the label.

Originally Posted by kschachn

The only relevant tests are the ones that result in either an approval, specification or license. And if you want to see the results of those they are printed right on the label.

I don't know man. I for one would really like to know which oil flows out of the jug the fastest when shot with a 12 gauge.

I don't know man. I for one would really like to know which oil flows out of the jug the fastest when shot with a 12 gauge.

Is there a better way to determine an oil's strengths/weaknesses?
confused2.gif

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Is there a better way to determine an oil's strengths/weaknesses?
confused2.gif

Such as tests that would accurately characterize an oil's performance in an ICE?

Not praising nor defending ProjectFarm, he is doing what he can so you believe him or not that doesn't mean a squat for anyone. At least come up yourself with a better test then start bashing others.

Anyway Pennzoil is a quality oil.

A bit sensitive? Confirmation bias is a cruel thing. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back