New Pennzoil Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question too, I did their 'recommended' oil for your vehicle.....I did a couple cars. One is a 2001 Chevy Lumina, and it gives you the premium a standard then an alternate. For it, it said to use Pennzoil Platinum 5W30, for standard use Normal Pennzoil conventional, and alternate was high mileage.

I then did my 2007 Ford Taurus and it was odd, it said premium choice was 5W20 Pennzoil Conventional and the alternate was high mileage 5W20. Why would they say no the Platinum for that vehicle? Does Pennzoil Plat not meet a certain FORD spec for that year, etc? ODD

I absolutely hate it when a site has a video that plays on its main page. My computer is old and can not play flash video smoothly when it's that large.

Can it be "Truth in Advertising" where they admit that there is no benefit to using Synthetic oil for some cars ?

On their web site, search recommendeds for my 1999 Olds gls coupe 5w30 conventional. For Olds Alero (same car, same 3.4l engine) they recommend 5w30 Platinum.
So the answer can be:
A. They are just searching through a database of owner's guides
B. They have a programmer who can't be bothered to check his work
C. They have tested every combination of oil with every car made since 1999.
D. won't make any difference in 1999 Olds
I would say the answer is all of the above except for "C"

Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
Where's the photo of Johnny?

Hahahaha!!
crackmeup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
They recommend YB 5w20 for my 2004 Taurus (Vulcan) as well. However, for my 2001 F150 4x4 w/ 5.4 they recommend Platinum 5w20. Interesting...

I do not like it. That system was designed by a third party and it stinks. IMHO the best site for looking up lubricant recommendations and quantities, is Amsoil's website.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
I do not like it. That system was designed by a third party and it stinks.

I love Pennzoil, but do not like the new site. Trying to be too flashy. Also, the usable window is too small to contain any real data without scrolling. They just re-used all the old data, but are providing less of it.

I also noticed that the whole site is built in Flash and drives very high computer CPU usage while on the site. Just moving around on it for few minutes and I notice the CPU fans on my laptop started running real high - I check my CPU usage and it was sitting at about 60-80 percent utilization with me doing nothing.

I do not like it. That system was designed by a third party and it stinks. IMHO the best site for looking up lubricant recommendations and quantities, is Amsoil's website.

Check out the oil recommendations and it tells you the quantities in gallons! That would be great if they sold oil in gallons and half gallons!

Originally Posted By: ryland

Check out the oil recommendations and it tells you the quantities in gallons! That would be great if they sold oil in gallons and half gallons!

Well, I've seen it sold in quarts, gallon jugs, and 5-quart jugs. When I went to school (many, many years ago) 1 gallon = 4 quarts, 1.5 gallons = 6 quarts, and so on and so on. That part is pretty easy to figure out.

Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
Where's the photo of Johnny?

I think that is Johnny in the convertible with the pistons pounding in his chest....man that PP has sure cleaned him up...he looks like he is 25.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
I like the Pennzoil bottle filling up for the hourglass. I'd like that as my cursor/hourglass on my computer!

I know...skip the technical stuff...I read that stuff all day...give me cool graphics & music anyday.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back