New Pennzoil Platinum Euro TDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't they have the Ultra in stock? PP photo seems to be older version, the one before Ultra came out.

The 0W-40 low-temp pumping performance is incredibly strong at 13200. For reference

M1 0W-40 is 31000
M1 0W-30 is 13250
M1 0W-20 is 9200 (also very strong)

Even Pennzoil 0W-20 is ~14000.

Originally Posted By: kozanoglu
PP photo seems to be older version, the one before Ultra came out.

Not sure what you're talking about. It is the new PP label design...

51UTxRoXoUL.jpg

For comparison, below is the old version, before Ultra came out:
81Xeew-evrL._SL1500_.jpg

Good lord, those CCS/MRV figures for the 0w-40 are exceptional!!!

Too bad the VI is a paltry 183 compared to M1 0w-40's 185
wink.gif
LOL!

I would think that since the 0W-40 meets MB 229.5, it would certainly meet LL-01. Only an issue if you are still under warranty.

My question is, why all three that meet the same specs? I'd have thought that the 5W-30 would have been the mid SAPS VW 504.00/507.00 oil. A waste of SOPUS resources if they will all be marketed and meet the same specs.
33.gif

It's like SOPUS sleepwalks through the US market.

They brought the LL-01 5W-40 when everyone else had deserted 5W-40 to move to 0W-40.

Peak had a 0W-20 on the shelf before PP 0W-20 ever arrived.

I'd like to see the Helix motor oils in 0W-40, 5W-30, and 10W-60 here in the US on Walmart/Advance Auto/O'Reilly shelves.

$32.95 ($22.95 after rebate) for 5 quarts of Helix 10W-60 with a free FRAM Ultra would be a good deal.

Goodbye TWS....

I guess I got one of the last Ultra 5W-40 cases from Amazon. I'd actually like to try the Euro 5W-30, but I have a feeling it will be easier to find a unicorn.

-Dennis

You are right, it is the new packaging. I could not see the picture on amazon website browsing through the phone. Now the question is will Shell sell Ultra Platinum Euro?

Hm, my case has the old packaging still. 2014 Manufacture date.

Wouldn't mind getting ahold of the 0w40. 5w40 Euro in my Subaru seems to be doing well though. The GTL technologies were the most interesting to me, seemed like something that could have merit. The 3.88 HTHS was an amazing spec as well.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: threeputtpar
I would think that since the 0W-40 meets MB 229.5, it would certainly meet LL-01. Only an issue if you are still under warranty.

My question is, why all three that meet the same specs? I'd have thought that the 5W-30 would have been the mid SAPS VW 504.00/507.00 oil. A waste of SOPUS resources if they will all be marketed and meet the same specs.
33.gif

Don't forget BMW Is moving to Shell in 2015. They'll sell plenty of LL01/04 via the dealerships.

OOS at amazon, and $12 a quart - Ugh!

Signed up ata amazon to receive an email alert when it becomes available. (for the 6 qt pack)

Last edited:
I find it strange that both 5w-40 and 0w-40 are ACEA A3/B4-10 specified, and not current ACEA A3/B4 as it's cousin Shell Ultra.

I wonder i this is purely a label change or if the 5w40 euro is actually different?

Originally Posted By: Trix
I wonder i this is purely a label change or if the 5w40 euro is actually different?

40C and 100C viscosity figures are slightly different.

our local wally's carries 5-20, 5-30, + 10-30 at this time, just under $23 for 5 qt container. i consider noack + HTHS important as viscosity index can be easily "propped up" with VII's + likewise pour point depressants another easily "propped up" spec. i believe noack + HTHS are required for classification so they must test accordingly but fail to show it. some manufacturers require a minimum HTHS as well as lower noack, may be reason for non approval for some or they have yet pay $$$ for the approval. specs they show do look good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back