New Pennzoil Oils? Max power, hybrid, stop/start, and extended care?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think one thing this forum has taught me is im going to steer clear of all of it because their marketing is pretty much garbage. The bottles are boring imo. Seriously... it looks like they should have some pink reflective unicorns on the lapels its really that bad. Until you can surpass castrols lapels, id just reprint 1950s style can lapels, they were 100% better than anything your new guys can come up with.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
Some info here in a recent discussion about these oils:

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5218662/1

Oh thank you! I guess I didn't go back far enough when searching >_>

Originally Posted by GaryPoe
I think one thing this forum has taught me is im going to steer clear of all of it because their marketing is pretty much garbage. The bottles are boring imo. Seriously... it looks like they should have some pink reflective unicorns on the lapels its really that bad. Until you can surpass castrols lapels, id just reprint 1950s style can lapels, they were 100% better than anything your new guys can come up with.

I wouldn't say it's all BS. I noticed that PP Platinum doesn't have the ford spec WSS-M2C946-B1 but the PP Start/Stop does.

The trend seems to be towards specialized product lines. Shell and ExxonMobil are leading the way on this.

I'm surprised nobody has put out a Crossover oil. The fastest growing and maybe the most popular segment of the industry doesn't have its own oil? Trucks, SUVs, they have theirs.

So they are admitting their oil doesn't do any of those things unless you buy the special ones? Regular Pennzoil Platinum doesn't protect in start stop conditions? It doesn't extend engine life? It doesn't allow maximum performance? I'm glad to stick to other oil brands then
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dogememe
So they are admitting their oil doesn't do any of those things unless you buy the special ones? Regular Pennzoil Platinum doesn't protect in start stop conditions? It doesn't extend engine life? It doesn't allow maximum performance? I'm glad to stick to other oil brands then
laugh.gif

cheers3.gif

I would consider the 0w30 but it's not even up to snuff compared to M1 0w30 as far as pour point, VI and other factors. I guess I will stick with Redline 0w20 /0w30 and use M1 0w30 if I get in a jam. I was kinda hoping after the boondoggle that Pennzoil pulled on the Ultra Platinum line that they would wisen up but apparently I just don't think so. Prepare to see this on clearance shelves in 18 months.

As I noted last time around,
PP 0W16
and
PHybrid 0W16
have identical numbers
@ PDS.

Rather than go negative with mindless Pennzoil bashing,
I will just state that it appears PurePlus helps get
Pennzoil to GF-6 compliance
at this early juncture.

Originally Posted by Marco620
I would consider the 0w30 but it's not even up to snuff compared to M1 0w30 as far as pour point, VI and other factors. I guess I will stick with Redline 0w20 /0w30 and use M1 0w30 if I get in a jam. I was kinda hoping after the boondoggle that Pennzoil pulled on the Ultra Platinum line that they would wisen up but apparently I just don't think so. Prepare to see this on clearance shelves in 18 months.

I agree. I like Pennzoil products, a lot. But there is a lot of duplicate products which will eventually end up being blown out at steep discounts. I wonder why they just didn't do a revamp of the Ultra line and push that instead of all this other stuff. Ultra had a good following, the turn off was it had to be mail ordered for most of us, and at times that was difficult too.

Extended Care, but not extended oil change interval. I think Pennzoil was just looking for an excuse to use the word Extended in one of their products.

Yes Pennzoil hopes they have the new Buzz words of the month here on BITOG!

Sure a lot of chatter about this but not one word about price. Oh dear maybe its cheaper yah think?

Last edited:
Just more garbage rebrandings by Pennzoil.

Remember:
(M1 or Castrol) EP=Extended Performance = good for extended drain interval of up to 15,000 miles
(Pennzoil) Extended Care = good for "reducing sludge formation and increasing oxidation stability to protect against oil breakdown"

Pennzoil is still way behind M1 and GC in coming out with their EP product.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Looking forward to the AZ clearance sales on all this (initially overpriced) synthetic Pennzoil!

I'll be on the lookout too.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back