New parts vs Remanufactured, how is new cheaper?

Shopping for a starter and CV axle for my CRV and F150. Something doesn't make sense in this world. How is a "new" part the same price or even cheaper than a reman part? I can only assume the metal is the cheapest junk on earth if it is cheaper to completely build a new one than reuse the old shell or whatever you want to call it. I have more faith in an OEM case than one that has $0 value. Not sure if I am wrong or if there is an answer on which is better.
Anyone have any experience or testing both? CV axles either way seem to have split boots before anything else fails.

GM and Ford are the best at providing OE New axles for a long time. Some Euros also have OE new available. Unfortunately, most Japanese cars don't sell OE new at all, only reman, and it's often "rebuilt" by Cardone :(

For your F150, get Motorcraft new axles and hte Motorcraft reman starter.

For the CRV, Raxles is likely the best choice. For the starter, Bosch or Denso reman, or Remy new.

And the remans are probably practically free to them. Groups of people in an organized effort to make money will sell product at whatever people will pay for it. 5% margin, 5,000% margin... whatever.

Personally I have had better luck with OE drive line parts. I have had excellent luck with rebuild of my core by local starter and alternator shop. I have never had much luck with electric rebuilds from auto parts stores.

Personally I have had better luck with OE drive line parts. I have had excellent luck with rebuild of my core by local starter and alternator shop. I have never had much luck with electric rebuilds from auto parts stores.

I prefer local or personal rebuilds. Local shop told me the CRV Starters they no longer rebuild because the parts that are available cost more than a whole new starter.

I bought a raxle. the boot is now torn. I contacted them for their "lifetime warranty" didnt hear squat.

"STANDARD LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY

RAXLES warrants to the buyer of any axle that it is free from any defects in workmanship and material for ever, subject to the following conditions: a) The product is properly installed, used and maintained. b) Determination as to the existence and nature of any defect in workmanship or product shall be made by RAXLES, and all such determination shall be final. c) If the unit has been disassembled or modified in any way by any other party other than RAXLES, the warranty shall be considered null and void. Also not covered under the warranty: 1) Repair or replacement following collision (including collision with curb), racing or commercial use, off-road use, or any comprehensive insurance claim; 2) In the case of FWD axles, excessive damage to components due to torn boots is not covered. Inspection of boots should be part of regular vehicle maintenance. d) Purchaser must have original invoice number and date. e) RAXLES is not liable for any incidental or consequential damages. Also not covered are the labor and materials that may be necessary to remove a defective unit or to install a replacement unit. f) If all of the above terms are met RAXLES will either replace the defective unit free of charge or refund the original purchase price, at our discretion. g) To the extent permitted by law, this warranty shall be in lieu of any other warranty, expressed or implied. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. LIABILITY: Our liability is limited to the value of the unit sold or furnished. If goods are defective we have no other responsibility beyond the value of the defective unit at RAXLES. IMPORTANT NOTICE; Purchase of any product or service furnished by RAXLES shall constitute the buyer's acceptance of RAXLES sales policies and terms."

Doesn't say they offer free replacement for worn out parts. How old was your axle and the boot?

"new" from China pricing is always strange - not only because of the children in dirt floor factories (I agree) but also because the CCP subsidizes so many raw materials for internal consumption - the raw goods being used are almost free to start.

Its still garbage.

I bought the "best" new fan motor from Rockauto - made in china, never blew enough air, was squealing in 6 months. I bought a used part from LKQ online and it still works several years later.

GM and Ford are the best at providing OE New axles for a long time. Some Euros also have OE new available. Unfortunately, most Japanese cars don't sell OE new at all, only reman, and it's often "rebuilt" by Cardone :(

For your F150, get Motorcraft new axles and hte Motorcraft reman starter.

For the CRV, Raxles is likely the best choice. For the starter, Bosch or Denso reman, or Remy new.
My F150 has had Napa Lifetime axles for over 10 years. They last 5-7 before the boots split. They don't even offer rebuilt anymore. Still free since new is all they have. I'm not a fan of the star cut flange vs full metal circle.

Just went through this with a hydroboost unit FINALLY went with a new GM unit- through fleabay, hopefully no leaks this time.
I had that on my BMW with PS pumps. I went through 3 or 4 Orielly reman before getting a refund and getting OEM. Some would leak or groan right away, others last a 3 months or so. What a waste of my time.

"STANDARD LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY

RAXLES warrants to the buyer of any axle that it is free from any defects in workmanship and material for ever, subject to the following conditions: a) The product is properly installed, used and maintained. b) Determination as to the existence and nature of any defect in workmanship or product shall be made by RAXLES, and all such determination shall be final. c) If the unit has been disassembled or modified in any way by any other party other than RAXLES, the warranty shall be considered null and void. Also not covered under the warranty: 1) Repair or replacement following collision (including collision with curb), racing or commercial use, off-road use, or any comprehensive insurance claim; 2) In the case of FWD axles, excessive damage to components due to torn boots is not covered. Inspection of boots should be part of regular vehicle maintenance. d) Purchaser must have original invoice number and date. e) RAXLES is not liable for any incidental or consequential damages. Also not covered are the labor and materials that may be necessary to remove a defective unit or to install a replacement unit. f) If all of the above terms are met RAXLES will either replace the defective unit free of charge or refund the original purchase price, at our discretion. g) To the extent permitted by law, this warranty shall be in lieu of any other warranty, expressed or implied. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. LIABILITY: Our liability is limited to the value of the unit sold or furnished. If goods are defective we have no other responsibility beyond the value of the defective unit at RAXLES. IMPORTANT NOTICE; Purchase of any product or service furnished by RAXLES shall constitute the buyer's acceptance of RAXLES sales policies and terms."

Doesn't say they offer free replacement for worn out parts. How old was your axle and the boot?
Probably 10K miles? I do not drive the car often. Its odd they didnt reply

Back