New Orleans Airport Car Rental

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
Hello,

I am hoping that somebody has experience renting cars in new Orleans. Do they offer car rental in-terminal? My research online says yes.

However, is this just the kiosk, or can one walk within a very short distance to the cars?

I will be in a rush to leave new orleans when I go, and I'd like to be able to have a rental car for flexibility... but I cannot afford the time to have to deal with a rental car agency bus, etc., I want a company that has the turn-in right at the airport, so it is a quick walk.

Is this possible? Which companies?

JHZR2,

It's been four or five years since I last flew out of NO Int'l, so I don't recall how it's set up. (Believe me, I understand the desire to rush out of here; I have it every day.)

I rented when I was living in Denver and visited here in 2000, and the car rental place was a little distance, not walking distance, up along Airline Highway, so I did have to ride a bus. I think it was Enterprise.

What Benz said. I don't think there are car rental agents in the main terminal. Perhaps you could call since the airport has changed since Katrina. The bus ride is only a few minutes long if I recall. Anyway, what's the big rush? See the Quarter, take the streetcar down St. Charles Ave, duck random gunfire. You know, the real New Orleans experience.
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back