New Oil Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen the new Consumers Reports{feb 2010} article yet- 2-3 pages talking about synthetic oils,even mentioned Amsoil!!!!

I wish you didn't have to be a member to read that stuff.

I don't really give much credit to Consumers Reports in most cases. I've never been to impressed with their rankings system.

Slap Chop Sham-Wow I could keep going but I think you get the Idea.

thread should be moved to humor or locked

Last edited:
consumer reports is not the most reliable source for anything in my opinion.. I would NOT choose a motor oil based on what they say

Originally Posted By: dave123

Your tellin me.....Amsoil is mention, imagine that they probably paid for it or the writer signed up and Paid to be a dealer.

Originally Posted By: DieselTech

Your tellin me.....Amsoil is mention, imagine that they probably paid for it or the writer signed up and Paid to be a dealer.

There are some knee-jerk reactions though.
lol.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Guys, I read it while lounging in Borders today, so I do not have the magazine in front of me to write up an essay. The jist of the article{not a test of oils} went on about choosing a motor oil, the different types of synthetic{group 3,4,etc} how in USA some oils can be marketed as "synthetic" that are not true synthetic{group3}. They interviewed a amsoil rep for info to write the article and quoted some amsoil tests and also described the different testing of oils and approvals{ACEA,api,islac,etc}. They went on talking about how much fluff and marketing goes on to differentiate different oils in the marketplace.....a good read, but not much meat for one of us,the general non car types may find it new ground however.

It's not in CR Feb 2010

Maybe it was Jan 2010 issue? Whatever the current issue is on the news-stand....it had tests of TV advertised products, washing machines,bundled cable/internet/telephone service providers/and other junk in it- pretty sure it was feb though, as all the Feb magazines recently hit the stands.

Originally Posted By: qship1996
It's not in CR Feb 2010

Maybe it was Jan 2010 issue? Whatever the current issue is on the news-stand....it had tests of TV advertised products, washing machines,bundled cable/internet/telephone service providers/and other junk in it- pretty sure it was feb though, as all the Feb magazines recently hit the stands.

That is the Feb 2010 issue but I can find nothing in mine about oils, etc.

Maybe it was Consumers Digest magazine? I picked up both magazines and read them at Borders, but I am almost sure it was in Consumers Reports mag.I will go back there this Saturday and post if no one finds it and posts beforehand.Sorry for any confusion....but I know it is in one of those 2 current mags!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back