New Oil Analysis Game in Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, Just emailed Mr. Mathis at Butler labs, got a very prompt reply and he took the time to answer some questions for me. The analysis is 12.00 without TBN, add 10.00 for TBN, he advised that much could be gleaned from the info without the TBN test in most cases. I will try them, less money per UOA's means more UOA's !
GregH

If you're going to go based on price though, they lose to Schaeffer's. I got 6 analysis for $60, or $10/ UOA. Unless you only plan to do 2 or 3 UOA...

I bought 4 kits for $12 each and they are prepaid back to Butler Labs. so you save on postage, plus I needed a particle count on one car. I wrote it in and I got the particle count and microscope picture back of the debris.

smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by GregH:
...he advised that much could be gleaned from the info without the TBN test in most cases...

Very interesting. I'm actually thinking of running just TBNs instead of full UOAs. After all, the wear is what it is and analyzing it won't help that bearing to not be spun after the fact. TBN is all I'm really interested in for establishing OCIs. Only trouble is I wouldn't get a glycol test... Oh, well.

quote:

Originally posted by bulwnkl:

quote:

Originally posted by GregH:
...he advised that much could be gleaned from the info without the TBN test in most cases...

Very interesting. I'm actually thinking of running just TBNs instead of full UOAs. After all, the wear is what it is and analyzing it won't help that bearing to not be spun after the fact. TBN is all I'm really interested in for establishing OCIs. Only trouble is I wouldn't get a glycol test... Oh, well.

Or you wouldn't find out you had developed an intake problem, and now had 40 PPM of silicon, like I had on my old Chevy...

Hmmmm..I think I just figured something out.

Stinky must be Mark? Who works with Scott? whoes wife (Robin) went to school and worked with me (Ross) for several years??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back