New Nissan 1.8L Free Of Head Gasket Problems??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I am done w/ Nissan too.

I love my VQ30DEK, but I can't say the newer "Carlos Gohsn" offerings will ever be as bullet proof as they used to be. Maybe oil consumption, which was never an issue, is the price to pay for his saving Nissan from extinction. In the past 3-5 years, even the VQ in its VQ35 derivatives, Nissan engines have had such high share of "normal"1.5 qts of oil every 1K mile consumption, pre-cat desintegration and TB butterfly screw "ingestion".

Thanks for all the replies guys.9296D21B14 if he ends up buying the Versa we`ll let you know. Brons2 thanks for the insight. Might make a difference as far as cargo ability goes.

Too bad the 1.8 is leak prone. He already has an 03 1.8 Sentra(posted UOA,looked OK) and sold another 03 1.8 Sentra he had to my sister,still going(posted UOA as well, it was OK). He had another 97 1.6? Sentra that my nephew ended up with, totaled recently with 190,000 miles on it. And FWIW I had an 88 that had 145k on it when I totaled it.

Never had a coolant related failure or a smoker so maybe they just leak a little or he is just lucky.
dunno.gif

It`s tough to find a good motor,new or used,so many have had their problems.Toyota=sludge,GM=intake coolant leak,Nissan=head gasket,Saturn=piston rings,etc... Gotta do your homework and also get lucky I guess.

[ September 12, 2006, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: jeremiah2360 ]

quote:

Originally posted by daschrier:
My qg18de is just fine. I think poor maintainance is a major component of the qg18de headgasket failures.

Maintenance has got nothing to do with it. Have you done a UOA on the engine?

quote:

Originally posted by daschrier:
My qg18de is just fine. I think poor maintainance is a major component of the qg18de headgasket failures.

whatcha been smokin brother?? Your probably changing dino oil every 3k and not noticing the very faint drop in the coolant reservoir; no overheating on the thermostat. Trust me, it will get worse. these headgaskets leak from the factory. UOA proven

Well he just bought a 2007 Honda Accord SE 2.4 auto. Things change,not a bad pick though. Just thought I`d let you know what he ended up doing. Thanks again for all your replies
bowdown2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back