New Mobil1 EP HM, API SP label design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by 4WD
See the pictures I posted … nothing new

Then they gave been jacking it up for a long, long time then....
lol.gif

"A" for consistency
lol.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
On Rollback that may be a buy it something else isn't cheaper.

It has a $12 rebate available until October...

Originally Posted by KCJeep
I like the looks of this oil for sure. Does this latest version retain the "thick for grade" formulation?

Maybe … not Dexos but reckon the non HM should be …

I find the honeycomb or hexagon pattern interesting as it's the most efficient way to fill a space with the least amount of material and is found everywhere in nature.

Yes, some of these efficiency consultants use the hex in presenting ideas of change …
Growing up … our countertops had a hex tile … pretty cool looking …

Last edited:
Originally Posted by LeoStrop
"Cleans up virtually all engine sludge in just one oil change"
confused.gif

Key word: virtually

Originally Posted by Ram02
This some good oil gotta stop by Walmart

If you don't mind going to Walmart, it is very tough to compete with their oil prices. It's not even close. Mobil 1 at most retail auto part stores is $9-$11qt, which is still really good considering you're getting a top notch base oil (with Mobil 1 - AN/PAO/GTL).

Originally Posted by wemay
Originally Posted by bbhero
On that front label.... It's actually not correctly labeled...

It has 5w30 on it....

It should technically have SAE in front of that 5w30. Nit picky. Sure. But the Petroleum Quality Institute of America has gotten on others for not having SAE in front of the grade of oil.

I like the new label look a lot though otherwise.

Good point. I wonder if they're allowed because it says it on the back label. TomNJ could answer that, I'm sure.

You are correct it is not properly labeled. SAE J300 states as follows:

6. LABELING
In properly describing the viscosity grade of an engine oil according to this document, the letters "SAE" must precede the grade number designation. In addition, for multigrade oil formulations this document requires that the W grade precede the non-W grade, and that the two grades be separated by a hyphen (i.e., SAE 10W-30). Other forms of punctuation or separation are not acceptable.

Are there any exceptions or caveats for that requirement? It does say "SAE" on the reverse, is it required to be used in every instance of labeling or just once on the container?

I never noticed it before but on every variety of Mobil 1 and Delvac in my garage they do not use SAE on the front.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Are there any exceptions or caveats for that requirement? It does say "SAE" on the reverse, is it required to be used in every instance of labeling or just once on the container?

To my knowledge the SAE designation is required for each instance of displaying the viscosity grade. The SAE J300 specification does not note any allowed exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back