New MOBIL SUPER 1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at Canadian Tire today and noticed they now carry this
MOBIL SUPER 1000 oil.
Has anyone tried this oil ?
This is not synthetic,it is SM rated and even good for turbo-charged vehicles.
It says that it is engineered ,tested and made in Canada,
price was $ 16.99 for 5 Litres of 5W20 grade.
Any comments on this oil ?

It's just Esso Extra in a different bottle. Same case for the Super 2000 and Esso Ultra.

It is engineered, tested, and made in Canada...as another product...

You can do much better for $16.99 and even get the same oil for $11.49 for 5 litres at Wal-Mart.

I hope that they make Mobil Super 3000 available here, which is a group III synthetic that I think could be a good value oil.

Look at the spec sheets.

http://www.imperialoil.ca/Canada-English/Files/Products_Lubes/IOCAENPVLMOMobil_Super_1000.pdf

http://www.esso.ca/Canada-English/Files/Products_Lubes/IOCAENPVLESEsso_Extra.pdf

All the major specs are identical, including big tip-offs in things like cold pumping viscosities, pour points, viscosities at temperature. I know two oils can have the same specs for many things and still be different, but to have the same cold pumping viscosities, kinematic viscosity at 40 and 100 degrees, density within 0.1% or less, and pour point, and they happen to be made in the same facility by the same company, I find it hard to believe they are different.

I will retract my statement about the Super 2000, it appears to be a different syn-blend oil, but I am pretty sure the Super 1000 and Extra come off the same line in Sarnia.

Thanks for posting that this oil is on shelves. Phoned EOM the day I saw the first post about this, and the person on the phone didn't know when it would hit shelves.

I agree that this oil is very similar to Esso Extra or Ultra, - it will have the same basestocks (hence the specs.), but I think it will have a stronger add-pack a la Mobil Clean 5000 - more detergents, and probably moly, from what I have seen.

I've seen some really good UOA's on both M5000 and M7500; so I think this oil is worth a bit more, especially the syn blend version.

cool, i can't wait to try it. i was quite eager when i saw the first post regarding it. good to know its on the shelves. must have happened recently though, because I was at Canadian Tire just last week... and i KNOW i wouldn't miss a detail like that, lol.

hey, so I stopped in at Canadian Tire today... no Mobil Super oils on the shelves, and the parts counter guy didn't know what I was talking about. this was at the store at Centerpoint Mall at Yonge and Steeles.

which store did you spot it at?

well, in case anyone in Tornto is curious, I called the Dufferin & Finch location. they say they've got it in. although I would still like to know from others (blackhondaccord) where else it has been spotted.

i just went there and it is confirmed... they carry the super 1000 and the super 2000 in 5W-30 only. the 2000 comes in quart bottles only, while the 1000 comes in quart bottles and 5L jugs.

looks good. its priced identically to the others... $3.99 same as pennzoil dino, valvoline dino, gtx, and qs dino. the 2000 is $4.99 same as all the syn blends.

who else is excited to try this?

i'm gonna check my local walmart for pricing. if they don't carry it, i'm likely gonna get a jug of it from canadian tire for my ARX rinse phase!

So I just got back from Canadian Tire and purchased 5 Litres
of 5W20 MOBIL SUPER 1000 which will be going in my Honda V6
this coming weekend.

Anyone else thinking of giving this stuff a try ?

Anyway the price is a good deal $16.99 for 5 Litres , works to
about $3.40 a litre.

yeah, i checked out Walmart. they don't carry it yet. although some of the prices over there did change... for once, the PP is no longer on sale for 18.98, but rather back up to 29.98. also, the QS dino is no longer on sale for 10.98, but the valvoline all climate dino is now instead.

anyways, i think i'm going to grab the 5 liter jug of mobil super 1000 at canadian tire and keep it until my auto-rx cleaning phase is up and i'm ready for the rinse phase.

All C-T's have the same deal....its in the flyer for Ottawa, haven't been to a store to see if it is on the shelves, but I'm assuming it is.....great deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back