New Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck 5W-40 Meets API SL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at the Mobil 1 Site on the New 5W-40 Diesel Oil and saw that Mobil says that it meets API SL for Gasoline Engines. This is the first time I've seen that Mobil OK's this Oil for mixed fleet use, just like Delvac 1 5W-40.
If this has been posted before please disregard. This is the first time I've seen it and may be of interest to others who want to use it in their older cars and musclecars, etc.

http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENPVLMOMobil1_Turbo_Diesel_Truck_5W-40.asp

cheers.gif
burnout.gif

now where can we find it. i thought it was supposed to be at walmart but i havent seen it yet.

Racer,

That is the question!!! Has anyone bought any?

I haven't seen it here in Michigan, no Walmart or anywhere, let alone in the 5qt. jugs.

I am due for oil changes on 2 of my old cars. If I can't find the new Mobil 1 TD Truck 5W-40 Oil, I may use Mobil Delvac Super 1300 15W-40 Dino, or Shell Rotella of either flavor.
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Kestas, nice to hear from you!
When I lived in AA, Murray's was 5 min. from me at Liberty and Stadium. Now that I'm up here, the closest Murray's is in Lansing, 50 miles from me.
The Walmart and Autozones are about 1 mile up the street from me.
Still no new Mobil 1 TD Truck 5W-40.
I'll wait a little longer...
burnout.gif
biggthumbcoffe.gif

quote:

Originally posted by racer12306:
now where can we find it. i thought it was supposed to be at walmart but i havent seen it yet.

I'm in Iowa. I found it today at my local Oreilly Auto Parts. $5.99/qt if I recall correctly.

Next time you're at WM or AZ, talk to the folk there. As a customer I like to give feedback if I think they should have something on the shelf. They live off their customers and they may consider stocking such an item if others spoke up as well.

I think the oil is $5.59 a quart at Murray's.

Have not seen it here in Florida at any Wal-Marts or anywhere else. Advanced Auto says they are going to carry it. I will believe it, when I see it!

The latest rumor is that Walmart will have M1 Turbo Diesel Truck sometime in August. Hopefully in the convenient 5-quart jugs.

If so, I may sell my 5 liters of Elf Evolution CRV 0w30 and go back to Mobil.

Just got back from a late lunch where I checked out the local Murray's and Wal-Mart stores. Yes, Murray's locally also now stocks the Mobil 1 TDT 5w-40 in quarts for $5.79. They also have the Shell Rotella T Syntechic in gallons for $16.99. The local larger size Wal-Mart does not yet have the Mobil 1 TDT 5w-40, but they have the Shell Rotella T in quarts for $4.17 and gallons for $15.32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back