New Mobil 1 Truck & SUV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought it was weird that they release a "truck and SUV" oil in a weight that hardly any use. At the time there was only a handful of diesel SUVs(still aren't many). But even now Dodge and Ford recommend 5w20, Honda does too I guess. Looks like to cover most of the trucks they'd practically have to have a whole line; which seems to defeat the purpose.

I think Keith was talking about the 5W-40 Highroller -- how it's not/hardly not mentioned in owners manuals for American gas trucks & SUVs... ie... Blazers, Colorados, Explorers, Silverados, F150s, Durangos, Rams... etc.

My guess is that WM will not carry the new Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck 5W-40.

Is Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck 5W-40 replacing Delvac 1 5w40?

Yeah, but many of the synth diesel oils come in the 5W40 grade. Rotella does. Why not Mobil1? I've said all along (under previous user name of course, lol) this was for GM trucks that spec 5W30. the "normal" customer thinks going out of manufacturer grade is a black art. Plus, there's that whole warrenty thingy, I guess.

"I always thought it was weird that they release a "truck and SUV" oil in a weight that hardly any use."

Of course, plenty of VW/Audi CARS need 5W-40.
smile.gif

I used to use it but since it got scarce I have switched to Shell Rotella T synth. 5w-40 and alot cheaper. Plus I am not sure of M1's new formulation since Katrina. I will continue to use the RT in my Audi. It works for me so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back