NEW Mobil 1 RACING OIL!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work for a news/financial company and this news story just came in. Mobil 1 is going to be realeasing a new 0w-30 Mobil 1 R racing oil to the public! It's an advanced formula that race teams use.

quote:

for
High-Performance Engines

Business Editors
UK REGULATORY NEWS

FAIRFAX, Va
For Exxon Mobil Corporation
Weber Shandwick
Raymee Holshouser, 314-552-6721
or
ExxonMobil Media Line
703-846-4467

Fully Synthetic Motor Oil Used by Professional Racing Teams Now
Available to Car Enthusiasts

High-performance automotive enthusiasts will soon be able to get the
same boost and protection that professional race car drivers get
thanks to the introduction by ExxonMobil of its new proprietary racing
oil -- Mobil 1(R) Racing 0W-30. The new formulation will be available
to the public in early Spring 2004.

Previously available only to professional racing teams, the Mobil 1
Racing formula combines the best of Mobil 1's patented SuperSyn(TM)
technology with boosted levels of anti-wear additives, giving maximum
protection and minimizing internal friction for exceptional power
output. The specially designed high-performance motor oil is
recommended for professional and amateur horsepower enthusiasts
because it provides the performance drivers want from their
high-powered engines every time they get behind the wheel.

"We developed Mobil 1 Racing for people who live to drive
high-performance cars," said Tom Olszewski, technical services advisor
at ExxonMobil Lubricants & Specialties. "Whether they put Mobil 1
Racing in their Honda Civic or Grand Prix GTP supercharged engine,
drivers are going to notice a difference in how long their engine
lasts and how well it performs under extreme driving conditions."

Professional racers have been enjoying the benefits of Mobil 1 Racing
for years and right now 74 percent of NASCAR drivers use Mobil 1
technology. Uniquely engineered to help deliver maximum horsepower in
all engine types, Mobil 1 Racing minimizes engine drag and friction
while delivering exceptional high-temperature protection.

Mobil 1 Racing 0W-30 also incorporates anti-wear technology to help
protect supercharged, turbocharged and high-revving engines with
outstanding shear stability and a robust additive package to extend
engine life. Compared to conventional racing oils and higher-viscosity
synthetic motor oils, Mobil 1 Racing provides faster flow to critical
engine parts to provide the ultimate in performance.

Additional information about Mobil 1 and other ExxonMobil lubricants
can be found at www.exxonmobil.com.

Mobil 1, SuperSyn and ExxonMobil are trademarks of Exxon Mobil
Corporation or one of its subsidiaries.
-0- Nov/04/2003 15:33 GMT
ä

[ November 04, 2003, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: buster ]

Yikes! Could this be an oil that directly challenges GC?

Patman must be going through some sort of severe anxiety disorder.
tongue.gif

Now what would be really cool is if the "racing" formula included a 100C cst of 11.5-12.5 and a little label on the back saying "This oil meets European A3, MB 229.3 & 229.5 and designed specifically in response to comments from Bob is the Oil Guy and to provide lower wear numbers than Castrol 0w-30 as bottled in Germany. This oil contains only Group IV POA basestocks and 25% Group V PolyEster stock to properly carry the additives."

Cary

I'm purely speculating but here is what I think.

Mobil 1 SS is an excellent choice for 99% of the cars on the road today at $4-%$5qt. Cars now are pushing more HP then ever, like the new Viper and C6 Vette. M1 is also fully API while this oil, hopefully, will not be!

I think this oil will blow GC out of the water. If this is Mobil's racing oil, this will be a serious contender for all of those using Amsoil and Redline. Cost wise, is should be most likely in the $7-$10 range. It should be sweeet!
wink.gif

If any oil or company has made more progress in the last 2 years, it's been Mobil ! Have to hand it to them.
cheers.gif

Good possibility that this oil is factory fill in the new C6 and Vipers. Mobil delivers again.
wink.gif

[ November 04, 2003, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

I have been running Mobil 1 oil since I bought my camaro new. I have been following the posts on the German Castrol, and just bought 36 quarts of the stuff, and now you tell me Mobil is going to have a new oil that will probably be superior to the GC. Anyone looking for GC.

Thanks alot,

quote:

Originally posted by Dr. T:
That's funny..
lol.gif
My initial thoughts are that this is a replacement product for their 0-30 which isn't up to snuff at all.

In reading some of the comments...if "SuperSyn" is sooo good and such a good addative, why does the SS version need moly? Why didn't the TS need it?

I'll bet not. It probably won't have the douughnut. I personally think that this oil will be a Huuuuuge success. With the ever increasing number of "econo-racers" like the Spec-V, Wrx, MSP, etc mostly diriven by younger drivers-the stuff'll fly off the shelves.

I have always thought that racing oil is not suitable for normal driving because it lacked normal detergent levels of "regular" oils. Otherwise, there are already some racing oils on the market with outstanding specs.

quote:

I have always thought that racing oil is not suitable for normal driving because it lacked normal detergent levels of "regular" oils. Otherwise, there are already some racing oils on the market with outstanding specs.

I have a friend who is hung up on Redline's racing oils not having detergents which is true. I've told this guy a billion times that RL's street oils have detergents and are the best street racing oil you can buy right now, especially for a Vette. He didn't believe me so he is running the over priced and over rated Amsoil Series 2000 which specs are not that great. Mobil 1 specifically states that this is fine for everyday cars like Civics. I don't know how people miss this...do they not read the articles?
dunno.gif

This is indeed good news. Here's my theory as to why Mobil is bringing this oil to market next year: It's going to be the factory fill for the new C6 Corvette. I'd be willing to bet that GM decided that plain ol' Mobil 1 5w30 couldn't cut it in the new 450 HP small block coming in the C6.

Initially, I'd say this oil will only be available at AutoZone (just like M1 0w40 was when it first came out) and will retail for around $7.00 per quart.

quote:

This is indeed good news. Here's my theory as to why Mobil is bringing this oil to market next year: It's going to be the factory fill for the new C6 Corvette. I'd be willing to bet that GM decided that plain ol' Mobil 1 5w30 couldn't cut it in the new 450 HP small block coming in the C6.

Initially, I'd say this oil will only be available at AutoZone (just like M1 0w40 was when it first came out) and will retail for around $7.00 per quart.

Completely agree. That is what I've been saying all along. Look at the new cars comming out...even the Porche Cayan. HP is getting to be insane in stock engines!! This is excellent news. As far as the advertising of the new SUV Mobil 1, hey, who cares. If it's a good product that is all that matters. other companies making these oils are not as good as M1. Plus, look at Amsoils's marketing...I use there oil regardless.

Really don't think so?

I'll bet this will be M-1's first forray into making an A3 30 weight oil which they will label as a Racing oil. If so, yes it will be better than their 5-30 or 10-30 and separate it from their European Formula 0-40.

It will work well since it will provide more protection than their sub-quality A1 5 or 10-30's...but, they'll maintain profits from the same rate of consumption issues they currently have....great stuff.

Maybe Mobil is listening to Exxon.
I posted a couple of days ago that I thought M-1 was now a department store oil with the exception of the motorcycle stuff and Delvac-1.
NOW, to get back market share of single cut PAO synthetic "Racing" synthetics out comes a new product, which is really an old product.
The good old stuff before Wal*Mart took over the bulk of M-1 sales.
The old and improved M-1 racing will more than likely be similar to Delvac without the Diesel specific additives, like the motorcycle oil, and available in more than one viscosity.
The 0W30 might be as good as the German Castrol and the EssoExxon synthetics.

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
I think M1 monitors this website.

Get your hand of it. As if a global like Mobil would remotely even give a stuff about BITOG and what we want. Look at the majority of the UOAs. They aint cars taken to the track or 1/4 mile are they? Noones screaming for racing oil here it seems.

Altho this is a good thing, i wouldnt mind seeing a VOA of this stuff if it comes out.

What i find interesting is them considering a 0-30 a racing oil? Isnt that viscocity contradicting dont you think? I wouldnt run 30wts with oil temps far over 100C as in track events.. Noway at all..

And if this was a true racing oil, then it wouldnt have any manufacturer/API ratings due to increased phosphourous levels for a 30wt.

Im awaiting the flames...

[ November 04, 2003, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: Leo ]

if this oil is an A3 oil that meets all of the Euro car manufactuers specs, then what will come of 0w-40? could this oil be the replacement for not only 0w-30 but, 0w-40 as well....? hope not as i personally like the 0w-40. although i use GC 0w-30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back