New Mobil 1 EP High Mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife of all people just got an email on this oil yesterday from Walmart. I had never heard of it before. I am interested in this oil as I like doing straight 10k OCI's and several of our vehicle have pan seeps. Anyone tried it yet?

Mobil 1 EP High Mileage

Nice! I just hope that it uses higher levels of Phosphorus and Zinc for 'older' engine types. This very well could be used in my next OCI.

Originally Posted By: Dorian
Nice! I just hope that it uses higher levels of Phosphorus and Zinc for 'older' engine types. This very well could be used in my next OCI.

See https://mobiloil.com/~/media/amer/us/pvl/files/pdfs/mobil-1-oil-product-specs-guide.pdf . 800 PPM Phosphorous and 900 PPM Zinc.

Press release:

Quote:

We here at Exxon Mobil like to think we are responsive to our customers needs; so when we got a sack full of mail indicating that our current 32 different 30 weight oils were insufficient to cover the marketplace, we got right to work, producing this HM EP M1 for IDK why.

Stay tuned as (2) more oils are about to hit the market; M1 5w-30 FPWTTWIFCO and 10W-30 FPWASV. (5w-30 for people who think twenty weight is for CAFE only) and (10w-30 for people worried about surface varnish) sold only in CA; with reduced additives all around for maximum protection for those 3K OCI.

That's pretty funny right there, but it's only available in 3 weights and two of them are 20's.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
That's pretty funny right there, but it's only available in 3 weights and two of them are 20's.

Say it ain't so KCJEEP
frown.gif

I always thought you were a CASTROL guy. If I ran a M1 oil it would be 0w40 or 0w30

I AM a Castrol guy! Castrol has not been on sale lately when I need it to be.
mad.gif

So then I went and tried a fill of AFE 0w30 in the Lincoln, and none of the bad stuff I expected to happen did (at least not in the first 3500 miles anyway). I admit I like it.
blush.gif

I forget about Castrol HM, I need to look into that too.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
I AM a Castrol guy! Castrol has not been on sale lately when I need it to be.
mad.gif

So then I went and tried a fill of AFE 0w30 in the Lincoln, and none of the bad stuff I expected to happen did (at least not in the first 3500 miles anyway). I admit I like it.
blush.gif

I forget about Castrol HM, I need to look into that too.

I see EDGE except 0w40 is $22~. I'd check wal Mart.com as it's usually cheaper than in store. Magnatec is $21~ too
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back