New - Mobil 1 5W-30 High Mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually just looking to see if they had any kind of rebate center link. I think I won't be getting my rebate because I forgot to put the UPC number on it.

Quote:
For engines where heavy deposits and sludging exist, we recommend short initial oil change drain intervals of 3,000 miles as cleanup progresses.

It seems to me you can't determine the make up of M1 oils by the MSDS list. Many have tried to do that in the past.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
That's odd - the MSDS lists the pour point as only -33F.

The M1 website won't give me the data sheet right now. However, since the M1 10W30 High Mileage has a pour point of -54 degrees, it would be odd for the 5W30 to have a pour point of -33.

I know there were some PAO shortages awhile ago and some of the MSDS could reflect that. PDS should tell you more.

Chemical Name
DIPHENYLAMINE
PHENOL, 4,4-METHYLENEBIS(2,6-BIS(1,1-DIMETHYLETHYL)-
PHOSPHORODITHOIC ACID, O,O-DI C1-14-ALKYL ESTERS, ZINC SALTS (2:1) (ZDDP)
ZINC DITHIOPHOSPHATE

????

These are additives: the first two are anti-oxidants, and the second two are anti-wear (with anti-oxidant properties as well).

Tom NJ

Originally Posted By: 1999nick
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
That's odd - the MSDS lists the pour point as only -33F.

The M1 website won't give me the data sheet right now. However, since the M1 10W30 High Mileage has a pour point of -54 degrees, it would be odd for the 5W30 to have a pour point of -33.

Yea, odd.
At truly cold temps (when it really matters!) the 10W-30 may well flow better.

Someone please holler when the M1 HM data sheet is updated, and 'official' specs are released.

Last edited:
The TSUV M1 5W-30 MSDS says the same thing despite the PDS saying a pour point of -54C. I have a feeling that the MSDS' don't list the actual pour point of the finished product?

Originally Posted By: IcebergS2000
Originally Posted By: Onmo'Eegusee
Me too. I think even the 5W30 Maxlife was ACEA A3. Will be interesting to see what this meets.

Looks like no ACEA A3 Link

yea but A5/B5,,she's a long drain oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back