new Mirage

yeah the brake pads are tiny on them. About the same size as rear lancer pads.

We sell them since they appeared and haven't had 1 issue with them, so can't beat that for reliability. Well we had 1 that wouldn't start, but we suspect the owner had poured thinner in the fuel tank, that's what it smelled like anyway. Replaced the fuel and away it went.

We also sell hyundais and can't say the same about their reliability.

Last edited:
Interesting that you say Hyundai's aren't that reliable. I had a 1999 Mitsubishi Galant V6 that I bought with 158K on it and drove it to 210k still on original engine and transmission, and the fluid in the tranny was never changed. Only repairs I had was a battery cable and radiator. Other than that, as much as I owned it, it was just scheduled maintenance.

160,000 miles. Still the original clutch. Three front (pad & rotor) and one rear brake job (shoes only). Only other repair was a CEL for a bad oxygen sensor a couple months ago.
I think the mirage is the most underrated and least understood new vehicle on sale today. Excellent efficiency and reliability. Super happy owners proven by the most positive car specific forum I've ever visited.

160,000 miles. Still the original clutch. Three front (pad & rotor) and one rear brake job (shoes only). Only other repair was a CEL for a bad oxygen sensor a couple months ago.
Not bad!

I wonder what these little beasts sell for new today in 'rona dollars. I know the single Mitsubishi dealer we had in the Buffalo area closed down some time ago. Hopefully they make a come back.

More $ , they have more safety features . So , likely $11,000+ . Sadly , they depreciate at a high rate . This is the main the reason decided not to purchase . Had 8 Colts ( '80 > '90 ?) . 2 were automatics ( both '80 (?) ) , 1 Champ ( twin stick ) , and 1 Summit sedan . Purchased in a range of $150 > $12,000 (?) . Favorite was the '80 (or '81? ) Champ with the 4 speed manual and the twin stick .

Last edited:
More $ , they have more safety features . So , likely $11,000+ . Sadly , they depreciate at a high rate . This is the main the reason decided not to purchase . Had 8 Colts ( '80 > '90 ?) . 2 were automatics ( both '80 (?) ) , 1 Champ ( twin stick ) , and 1 Summit sedan . Purchased in a range of $150 > $12,000 (?) . Favorite was the '80 (or '81? ) Champ with the 4 speed manual with the twin stick .

I hear you, but I think you're thinking pre 2020 pricing. A base model Mirage MSRP's at near $15K today and probably sells at or very near that price. On top of that, I don't know of any daily-driver type vehicle that is depreciating much these days.

Back