New Microgard oil filters at Oreillys

So...you checked it, it was "plastic" which you know it shouldn't be, and you still "put it on the other day"? 👌
That's correct, I thought it was odd, but that must be how they intended to assemble it. Not sure what the odds are of a random plastic piece getting in there and happening to fit perfectly when assembled. Anyone else have an MSL57502 that they can look at?

That's correct, I thought it was odd, but that must be how they intended to assemble it. Not sure what the odds are of a random plastic piece getting in there and happening to fit perfectly when assembled. Anyone else have an MSL57502 that they can look at?
Maybe it's some new strange ADBV design. Spring loaded plastic/nylon disk - ?.

Found a video of one being cut open, it is definitely silicone, but it's very shiny and looks like plastic. It didn't seem to have any give when I poked it, but it's definitely not plastic! Looks like a nicely built filter from the video.

I don't see this new filter as part of any current oil/filter deals, but I assume it will be in the future(?) Otherwise (as others said) this price point is not going to work very well.

I don't see this new filter as part of any current oil/filter deals, but I assume it will be in the future(?) Otherwise (as others said) this price point is not going to work very well.
Maybe someone that only buys their OF at O'Reilly's would choose this over the base Wix. It's rated for 10k and 1 dollar cheaper.

Found a video of one being cut open, it is definitely silicone, but it's very shiny and looks like plastic. It didn't seem to have any give when I poked it, but it's definitely not plastic! Looks like a nicely built filter from the video.
Probably it. Can you share the video you found? I guess folks not familiar with oil filter construction materials (not saying you) could confuse the ADBV as a piece of plastic. Especially in something like the blue MP9688.

Yes sir you are correct they are essentially a purolator one with a different coating and a microgard label on it from what i hear. The only reason i know this is i work at an O'reilly's and always like to know what i am selling. Personally i think its a decent filter for the price i especially appreciate the anti slip coating on the outside. I am going to try this on my 2007 suburban and see how i like it as a cheaper alternative to the wix.
Not true

No it seems they are not different... The specs are dead on match.... Black textured can is a PG feature. Even the mentioned " extended life" on the new Microgard is on every PG made filter whether it be from Federated Auto or AZ or their own branded filter.
Take a look at Summitt racing filter as well

This new Microgard select filter has an appearance extremely similar to a Premium Guard made filter.

The textured can is exactly like the PG filters made for Federated Auto parts and the black STP XL filters made for AutoZone. I will find a picture of the Federated Auto parts XL filter that will show the similar look.
summit racing, pronto as well they should say made in Vietnam

Back