New members or old?

I see a lot of new members lately popping up, may be a lot of new members have joined recently.

If you were a previous member and started a new user name due to the recent board change over, would you mind posting your old and new user name?

I made it with my same old user name but maybe some changed..

If you were a previous member and started a new user name due to the recent board change over, would you mind posting your old and new user name?
There really is no reason for maintaining a new login just because you got locked out of the old one. If you can't access the old one, create a new login just so that you can PM an admin so that they can fix your access, and then you can continue with your old login.

Unless someone just prefers to start with a clean slate. I guess that's a possibility.

Last edited:
i see QP, thanks,,, i guess we are getting a lot of new members!
No, you're right - there are quite a few "new" old members that signed up again just because they had issues with their old login. I was just saying it's a fixable problem, unless they don't want it fixed. :)

You don’t even need to be a member to contact a moderator. My account was messed up in the beginning but they fixed it easily.

there are quite a few "new" old members that signed up again just because they had issues with their old login. I was just saying it's a fixable problem, unless they don't want it fixed.
Many posts I saw they made it out to be like the end of the world, how miserable this whole change was and how they "lost" their old account. I had the impression many literally threw their hands up and gave up because they couldn't sort it out immediately.

I could not login post rollout … had to login differently but figured out how with no moderation or ID change
Then had to reset my (2) Apple device shortcuts and they populated icon shortly thereafter

The_Nuke is now El Nuke.

I couldn’t figure out my old email addy used to sign up originally so I just started fresh. Didn’t lose but 800 something posts IIRC, not a big deal to me.

My account was messed up, my email was associated with another account prior so with the changeover it was unable to login.

I tried to create 2 new accounts but was denied each time.

I emailed the admin email address that I found an old conversation I had before. It was probably Wayne that fixed my account and I got it back. Took a day or so.

This is the new me, I previously joined in 2003. I was known as Silk, and am happy to start anew.
Silk - If you’re happy with that, cool, but we (OK, Wayne) can link you back to your old account so your messages (AKA conversations) posts, etc. will all be connected to this account. Your call on username, but the linking can be done.

Back